no more draws in soccer?

soccerguy10

i just read on soccernet that fifa president sepp blatter is putting forward a motion to scrap draws altogether, using a penalty shootout as a final decider. what does everything think about draws and should they remain in the game? my personal opinion is that draws have always been a unique part of the game(in season or league games, not tournaments) and i would hate to see draws be taken away. thoughts???

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that a team should not necessarily lose a game if they play 80 good minutes and regulation ends in a tie, but i would also at the same time look favorably on PK's to decide a game if a 10 minute overtime period did not. I don't like ties , but it's hard to say a team doesn't derserve something if they play 80 good minutes

I think they should have two sudden death overtimes, and if they are still tied then end it as a tie. Also, we should have the same set of rules in all states. Georgia does not end there games as a tie.

Georgia is funny. They don't end game in ties during the regular season or in tournaments but they have ties in the state championship games. Last year Dalton and Heritage tied for the championship. I think Parkview tied someone in 2002 for the championship.

a hs game lasts 80 min. i dont think there should be et (ot). draws have always been a part of the game, why get rid of it now. after 80 min, players are tired and the fitter team has the better chance of winning. i dont think pks decide anything, theyre just a way to get the game over with.

georgia also plays no stoppage time, which is ridiculous. there is a buzzer that sounds for the end of the half/game like basketball or american football.

i think overtime is a good idea but not pk's in a regular season game, but someone said the fitter team would have the advantage. That is a good think not bad the fitter team should have the advantage and they deserve it if they worked hard to get fit. Our team doesn't even sub unless injury and we would still like to go into overtime rather that draw.