DII Championship contenders

soccerstud69

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Christian Brothers... but out of McCaully, Notre Dame, BGA, and MUS....All very good and all possibles given the right scenario... I have to go with BGA. A very impressive team... They are extremely good sports as well... My son plays for a school that they (BGA) recently defeated 5-1... it actually was a little more competative than the score...Any way... after the game, my son went on and on about their sportsmanship, especially number 13. My son stated that when he made a play, BGA was quick to compliment them... Good luck to all in the upcoming tournament

Edited by fever1

I must agree with you on BGA winning state this year, however i will disagree with you on the sportsmanship. We played them last night, they beat us 4-0, scoring 3 goals in the last 6 minutes, and they were the worst sports in the world. Never once did i hear anyone on BGA's team say 1 positive thing about us shutting them down for 76 minutes, instead they went on and on about how the refs were screwing them over, how we were terrible and they should be killing us, etc. They were terrible sports. But they were a very very very good team. I must say though, #13, Caldwell Lucas, was a great player and he seemed to have a good attitude, however i play up top and he does as well, so i was never really near him enough to know. But the guys in the back did nothing but wine the entire game. They are a very very very talented team though, and should win state in my opinion.

I must agree with you on BGA winning state this year, however i will disagree with you on the sportsmanship. We played them last night, they beat us 4-0, scoring 3 goals in the last 6 minutes, and they were the worst sports in the world. Never once did i hear anyone on BGA's team say 1 positive thing about us shutting them down for 76 minutes, instead they went on and on about how the refs were screwing them over, how we were terrible and they should be killing us, etc. They were terrible sports. But they were a very very very good team. I must say though, #13, Caldwell Lucas, was a great player and he seemed to have a good attitude, however i play up top and he does as well, so i was never really near him enough to know. But the guys in the back did nothing but wine the entire game. They are a very very very talented team though, and should win state in my opinion.

Actually I talked to one of the kids before u played them, and it was because they were really mad at u guys beating them alst year. They viewed as a huge game, and really wanted to come out and make a statement. If u held them scoreless for 76 minutes, they were probably starting to think last year was going to repeat itself and got mad. THey were just really pumped for the game, and i doubt BGA is used to being held scoreless for that long.

NickForte4261 I saw the game and I can not speak to the "talking" but I can to the unsportsman like play. Please explain to me why one of your fullbacks consistantly ran into the back of BGA players in the box (not playing the ball but trying to take out a player)? Why did BA players consistently run through players after the ball was served?

Additionally, you didn't shut BGA down - look at the shot differential - they just couldn't find the net on numerous shots. And by the way the final should have been 5-0 as the last goal should have counted as the wistle (another BA player coming through a BGA player after the ball was gone) was after the shot.

Remember in order to be treated with respect you have to earn respect - it isn't just given freely.