SMYRNA LINCOLN COUNTY SCRIMMAGE

82cat

We had one other scrimmage scheduled with a couple metro schools but they cancelled so that scrimmage is pretty much it.

I do remember you predicting Smyrna will be better this yr and I think you are right. I didn't realize Orona had a great arm, he can really play QB! I expected him to be a very good veer QB and only throw to keep teams honest. He had several passes dropped that hit receivers in the chest and bounced off. He also had a couple of picks when he didn't pick up LB's dropping into coverage so he still has to get some more experience but overall his performance is what encouraged me to believe we will be better.It will put tremendous pressure on defenses when he is in the shotgun in passing situations if you pressure him and flush like every team tried to do with Wolke he can run and score from anywhere on the field.

As always I have nothing to say about Riverdale, until we beat them there is nothing to say but predict they will go undefeated and win it all. They know they have no weaknesses and are expected as usual to breeze through the season to the championship game. Everybody will be gunning for them and they will get everybodies best since they will be preseason number one in the state. I have said it before someday Smyrna will beat Riverdale (The avg life span for a male is 74yrs so I hope it s in the next 26 yrs!) and when they do it won't be because Riverdale didn't have the players or was not coached well. To beat Riverdale you have to beat them because they will not beat themselves.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

82 cat u say Smyrna will be good on defense? Who do they have playing on the DLine and who are the LBs, winters, robinson, willis and who? Also, do you think that romeo will continue to play QB or will he go back to WR? By the why how did hendrix look in the spring game.

in the scrimmage our starting defense was as follows:

matt clark-defensive end

colby joiner-defensive end

adam smotherman-defensive tackle

josh bryson-defensive tackle

blake winters-outside lb

brock willis-middle lb

steven robertson-outside lb

rodney shaeffer-strong safety

will forkum-free safety

marsalous johnson-corner

charles orona-corner

There is a kid from kentucky coming in who I have not seen but he started there??

Right now Orona is the man to beat out with his running and better passing ability than I thought he will be tough.Right now he is the QB

Our defense is a blue collar type that while not flashy all are good tacklers

This team is deep this yr with a lot of players while not super stars are easily interchangeable and coach shad will have a problem which is good to have, how to get playing time for a group that over all woks hard every day.

Smotherman and especially Joiner have made great strides in the off season and Bryson is one of the strongest players on the team and played last yr.

Hendiix played WR and had a couple of catches. Josh Crouch made a couple of good catches. Will Forkum looked real good with one td catch wearing number 2

Its obvious that Lincoln County lost most of the power from last year's team. The scrimmage was filled with mistakes, the most glaring being by back-up running backs and back-up defensive backs. The Falcons will do well to win 5 games this fall.

Guest Oakland

yes they lost a ton from last year: theo horrocks, lamar divens(mr. football) michael edminston(mr.football) and about 15 others. gregory will be the focus of there offense this year