Hope Springs Eternal at W.B.

GovMan

Meadows system is hard to understand

i just don't think he's a good football player,

Hatcher is big but can't move at all.

yea u do have to have a good line to run the wing-T, your always pulling and picking up blitz from where the guard pulls.

the system is as hard to learn as you make it. spend the time to learn it, and it comes as second nature. i'd rather learn the wing-t than learn other offense, which are much more complicated due to pass protection and other reads you have to make. every thing in the wing-t compliments itself, making it much more easier to understand and execute.

Wall has 2 great football minds helping him become a good QB. he's mobile, and has a fairly strong and accurate arm. with meadows and phillips working with him, he'll be fine.

yes, hatcher is big, but where you're wrong is he CAN move. he's got feet and they're not as slow as they seem.

the only thing the offensive line has to be able to do is remeber their rules and go through their progression. if you can remember to block down, pull, log, and kick, you can play in the wing-t as a linemen. it's not that difficult.

william blount will surprise some people, actually....alot of people.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Nick will only be an emergency QB after Wall & Crosby. He will spend time on Offense at SE and WB.

Offensively the 2nd year of the Wing T is going to be better only a small percentage of the terminology has changed. 90% or so is the same.

For all you William Blount fans ... you just would not believe the atmosphere at spring practice. It's incredibly exciting. For once, the excitment isn't just based on someone saying "we've got a new attitude" or "we're changing our logo" , so forth and so on. The potential to be a "big time" football program is there. It's in the air ... you can sense it.

The talent level is amazing. People who aren't real familiar with the personel, including me to some extent, don't realize how deep they are. You hear a few names like Walker, Osborne, Borden, etc. but trust me ... those guys are the tip of the iceberg.

They've got some guys who have absolutely sold out in the weight room during the winter and it shows.

Here's the GovMan's bold prediction and trash talk rolled into one ... if the coaching staff can come up with some decent d-ends and d-linemen, WB's defense will be as good as anyone's in the county (and yes Maryville fans, I'm including your fine unit). Blount's linebacking corps is scary. They've got 5 or 6 guys they can plug in and not miss a beat, but they've got a couple in particular that are going to be very special. You come into the middle this year against the Gov's and you're gonna know you've been there. Secondary will be very veteran, very fast, very smart, and very athletic. Of course, I know that d-line thing is crucial ... but the potential is certainly there for an incredibly tough d.

Not worried about the offense. Fastest in the area without question. If they can keep everyone healthy and out of trouble, they'll score a lot of points. And for you Lucas Wall doubters ... I just can't wait till next year gets here and the season starts so I can say, "I told you so." Kid's a gamer .... wait and see.

It's a joy to see Coach Meadows and the other WB coaches run a practice, and to see the kids responding. The one element that is there that I love ... FUN. They are having a lot of fun. They're knocking 'snot bubbles' out of each other--in spring practice--and they're loving it.

I just can't wait !!!

Edited by GovMan