Coach of Year in Dist.3AAA

JKerrBdaMan

Many good choices in this district, however the "Leo Durocher" of this league for 2004 I think has to be Danny Sharp (Karns). :angry:

A close second would have to be Coach Polston at Halls, whom I think is probably the favorite to win the tournament(lots of pitching). Coach Cox(Central) is laying the foundation for a great future at Central, but it probably won't happen in this tournament.

Again, lots of good young coaches in this league!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the coach at Powell may be giving it up. Any truth to the story?

If so, I'll bet I could name you at least 4 coaches who will apply for that job simply because of the good program that they have developed over there.

I know one coach who seemed interested that called me to ask if I knew anything about a vacancy.

Correct. There are many coaches who could be in the running for Coach of the year.

Coach Cox at Central should be commended for standing up and making a difficult decsion in dismissing several Seniors who couldn't follow team rules. I do have a suggestion for him: If you want to beat Halls recruit all of their players like the football team has. Can you imagine Lockwood and others at Central. If I am not mistaken the only hit the Bobcats had last night was from a kid who came from Halls via Football.

Coach Polston, Coach Sharp, and Coach Lawson as always did a good job. But my pick for Coach of the year would be the guy at Campbell Co. He did the most with the least and brought the program to respectability. Also they won their first tournament game in school history last night.

BC, I have a feeling that Gaines will win the award. With all of the adversity that he's endured and the way he handled the situation, bbbbbbbthe fact that he still put a competitive team on the field is admirable.

Gaines is a good man, too. If he wins the award, he is a deserved winner.

Well HTV I agree about him doing a great job by playing with a bunch of young guys and still puttin a competitive team on the field. But I see Coach Lawson as the COACH OF THE YEAR. I mean this is the first time since 1995 that Powell has been district Champions. I know Powell has gone to region in 2 of the 4 years coach lawson has been here which tells you how much of an impact Lawson has made at Powell. I just think Lawson deserves the Coach of the Year, not taking anything away from Gaines Cox because he has done a marvelous job himself