Chatt. Central vs Ooltewah

DeepBall

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good post gov. there sint alot more to be said about what really happend other than that we are still kids. im 18 and so is ryan and alot of other guys that are out there and though we should be mature enough to not have a problem like this and be able to control it on our own we also have to relie on the coaching staff also. the problem should have been resolved early in the game. coaches were told about the problem in the 2nd inning and nothin was done to stop it so the 3rd went on and it got worse and then it blew up in the 4th. 2 infielders walked to the dugout and refused to play until something was done still nothing was done so they got their things and left. the pitcher got enough and almost left before the problem was resolved and to who evers "fault" it may go (wich will be argued by both sides of course) wilkes left and houghton didnt let the 2 guys that refused to play get back on the field. this caused parents to be mad and have words before we all went home. like i said alot, 7 if im not mistaken, of those guys wont play again and its a shame it had to end like this. marriman pitched well but came up short ina good game.

This was definitely one of those "you just had to be there" type incidents....

Merriman looked as if he was going to leave as well. LOL I saw him by the dugout un-buttoning his pants or something....

I also heard some of the players were sick and tired that the coaches were giving Wilkes "preferential treatment".

The coaches definitely share the blame. The rules have to be the same for everybody, "superstar" or not. This is, after all, HIGH SCHOOL. And, in case you haven't noticed, this kind of "playing favorites" crap is not confined to Central. There are a couple of other nearby schools with the same potential problem......

Yeah but its not so obvious to the rest of the county, hiway. Central seemed to make it loud and clear that Mr. Ryan Wilkes was their absolute stud ( which, yes, the kid can play baseball ), but I heard words coming from that dugout last night that were unacceptable, coming from the coaches and players.

Thats what happens when a man lets his son act up his whole life.I blame Wilkes parents!Does his dad not ever try and straighten him out.My kid will never act that way in public without getting an attitude adjustment.He has no respect for his parents,coaches,teamates,or his school.I also blame the coaching staff at Central.They let it get this far.I guarantee you one thing,Gene Lively wouldn't have put up with it.

Setn,

I have to disagree with you. Lively is where it all started. Lively coached Wilkes for two years. He acts no different now than he did as a freshman. Who do you think Houghton learned from. In my opinion, it all starts with Lively.