Grace vs. Boyd

dcoach

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace 2 Boyd 0

lots of yellow and red. Although the reffing was terrible, Boyd needs to stick to football and not soccer. (although they had a very good team a few years ago)

Grace players did a little of their own egging (#3 and #7) but at least the Grace coach took his own son out of the game when he gave a minor cheap shot to a boyd player.

To me this is an administration issue not a player issue. If coaches are not going to control their players, something needs to be done. I understand the reffing was aweful but that is not an excuse for some of the things I saw.

I saw it two years ago when Boyd lost to Sweetwater. Probably the ugliest display of player attitude I have ever seen.

It is interesting though, you do not see this at a Boyd football game. Players are very respectable. (the coach would take them out if they didn't)

Just my unbiased thoughts.

Edited by mtnman

boyd vs grace is always a intense battle..by now i would think people woudl expect what happens at these games...if not u havent seen enough of them..and boyd can stick to soccer...sure they have had some off seasons the past 2 years but they will get bakc on track soon enough...peace

Both Grace and Boyd got a red card in the second half for a tackle (not a slide tackle) by a Boyd player. Both players kind of squared up and they both got booted.

I believe someone from Boyd got two yellows and therfore a red. The coach also got a yellow. The reffing was bad and I don't blame the coach for getting a yellow.

My beef is the attitude some of the Boyd players had about being physical or dirty. It should not be accepted.

Again, I am not attacking Boyd as a school because I have alot of respect for them in other areas. Soccer is where I have my problem.

I agree, part of this is a big rivarly, Boyd does not like Grace and Grace got a little cocky and Boyd was ready to take them out.

Boyd-CCS should be interesting. Another big rivarly but they did not play in the regular season.

CCS should dominate but you never know.

Score was 2-0 Grace but it easily could have been more. Boyd played one of the dirtiest games i've ever seen against Grace the other night, on many plays they didnt even attempt to go for ball. Boyd showed a lack of class and sportsmanship. Boyd really showed no skill with the exception of #7 in the midfield. Grace had some rough plays in the second half, but this can be expected when you're seeing your players getting taken out. Grace showed their skill and toughness and won this match. Good Luck in regions.

Edited by MajorSoccer