Cleveland vs. Ooltewah

PSAFOUR

Ooltewah Exits the post season tonight, no one had more guts than the owls, playing a man down with everything against them. I want to wish the best of luck to my players from this year. I have never had such great friends and teamates who always had my back. People will jump all over us on here, but let it slide, whats done is done. And i truley love every single one of your boys.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah did not dominate the game. It was a very evenly played game. Cleveland had several very close chances in the second half.

Both of Cleveland's goals in injury time were questionable. Not sure about the timing but they hit the back of the net. As far as the other calls, it probably went both ways.

Ooltewah had a great season, unfortanatly all the talk comes back to you when you lose.

I think both teams showed alot of heart and played hard to the end. Golden was all over the place until the final horn. I was impressed with his tenacity.

I didn't notice Golden as much as i thought i would. yes he is good and has good touches but i didn't think he was much better than the rest of the team. The refs did "blow" but as mtnman said it was fairly even as far as calls. The fact that the owls were down a man was their falt and no one elses the refs had nothing to do with that call any ref would have probably made the same call. As far as guts and game goes it was very equal and i think that was proven by the length of the game. well played on both parts.

in the first 10 minute overtime after scoring the go ahead goal (3-2).

Injury time was key. Watching Coach Winchester, it didn't look like the refs watch was working well. I think in one of the OTs there was no time added and the ref extended the game anyway. This is an interesting discussion.

It seems that many refs dont blow the whistle when their watchgoes off, they wait for a good oppurtunity to stop play. I have never reffed so I have no idea.

The ref stopped play last night on a long ball into the Cleveland box but allowed alot of extra time at other times.

I don't think the ref was biased just made some bad decisions that happened to go against Ooltewah.

all i can say about last night was it just wasnt meant to be. and i wish the rest of my boys the best of luck next season as i and the rest of the seniors move on. it was a privilege to play for a good group of guys like yall and i will be back next year in hte stands.

Yeah 7:30 of stoppage was added in the first half after only 2 cards. Supprising...Also questionable that the half was stopped immediately after Cleveland scored their goal on a questionable PK. Their 3rd goal came in a similar situation at the end of the 2nd 10 min. overtime on another questionable call. Yes refs stink, but the loss cannot be placed on them. If the game was played 5 more times, Owls win 4 of the 5 easily. Too bad it's single game series...