district 7-aaa: offseason/neat year

Guest Oakland

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Guest Oakland

with the unfortunate early exits of oakland and riverdale, now district 7-aaa is the offseason mode, which has who coming back and i guess we can maybe slip in a-way-too-early prediction for district 7 next year.

Oakland returns virtually all of their infield, but loses 2 of their whole starting outfield in hines(mtsu),birkofer(mtsu) . pitching will be solid again next year with rusty howard,tye mcleary, mitch warren and josh farmer being the starting rotation and with steven watson calling the shots behind the plate. freshmen pj polk figures to be the man in center while right field is up for grabs. oakland will be returning a lot from a team that had a great year but it will be hard to replace the bats of hines and birkofer, if oakland can get them a good leadoff man, this team could be somethin in 05. ok, now that i have given the lowdown on oakland and their returning players, who is everybody else in district 7-aaa looking like in 05?

?

btw, in the topic heading it is supposed to mean next year, sorry for the error

Edited by oakland2001

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale loses Catcher Alex Watson, Third Baseman Clint Alexander and Centerfielder Jason Lenard. Alex and Clint started every game since their first freshman game.

In their four year career, they made two state tournament appearances, won or shared the district regular season title all four years, won the district tournament twice and finished their careers with an overall record of 121-39 (.756) but more impressively, went 41-7 in district play (.854)

their district records were

2000: 8-2

2001: 11-1

2002: 10-2

2003: 12-2

they will be missed...

Cookeville loses Alcorn/pitcher; Maddux/centerfield; Adams/shortstop

but everyone else on starting rotation returns.

I did hear that their junior catcher/Turner might be moving to the Nashville area this summer because his dad is a minister and he has been transferred.

Edited by disgustedfan

Guest Oakland

i think more importantly for the senior trio at riverdale is that they made riverdale a power once again. but if looks as if cookeville will be the early favorite since they dont lose a ton of star power, while oakland and riverdale borh only lose 3 senior, seniors for both teams have been the foundation for the last 2-3 years. starting next year i think the district will start to become more balanced and could regularly see somebody other than oakland or riverdale win district 7-aaa(yes i know a scary thought B) )

O-2001,

I appreciate your enthusiasm! I like Oakland's chances next year. Cookeville lost a ton of talent in Alcorn and Maddux, they just have a ton of talent coming back. Riverdale is going to have decent pitching, they are losing the big stick threat. Justin Jones returns, but someone will have to step up and bat behind him or he'll just get pitched around. Warren Co., siegel and Lebanon will be thorns in everybodys side. Blackman and Sparta, I really do not know about.

Edited by Slyder

Guest Oakland

thanks slyder, i am a big oakland guy in all sports, but its not too hard to get enthusiastic about a team that is a contender to make state every year. i like oakland's chances as well and will really like their chances if they find a good hitter with some speed. ok now we got the top 3 teams from this year covered, how about the other 5?!?! how are they gonna stack up for next year?

To be gut level honest and with Rutherford County being divided up, several schools have better than average chances. I think this year was the beginning of 7AAA parity. siegel worries me. The new coach there has them playing well and believing in themselves. Lebanon was young last year and took teams deep into the game. Warren Co. has Killian returning, but Blackman proved that a great pitcher cannot do it alone. If some bats do not come around for the Pioneers next year, I think they will be spoilers, but not champions. Sparta, I did not see a lot there, BUT I only saw them twice. They beat some good teams. Could be interesting. My advice to everyone, particularly Oakland...Next Year starts TODAY! :D

I have no idea who is going to win the district next year of course I will be pulling for Oakland. I will say this, I think next year Champion could have four or five district losses. Riverdale is Rverdale. They are well coach and with Will Underland (who I think is the hardest competior I have ever seen play) and Justin Jones just to name two, they will be good again. Siegel is going to win more game again next year. They won more than anyone thought they would this year and they have a great coaching staff. Blackman has some talent (Will Bowman goes to mind) and once they settle their coaching situation they will be very competitve. Cookeville will be back strong next year. They did loose a lot but the will be well coach and I just love to watch their second baseman play. I agree with Slider on Warren Co. All I can say is Don't over look them or you may find yourself swepted!! Lebanon will keep getting better as long a Barry Meesser is there. I' not sure about White Co. but they were playing pretty good ball at the end of the season.

As for Oakland we have some hugh shoes to fill. Brad Robinson and Nathan Hines on the mound. Hines and Dougie Birkofer, Kellen Gorbett in the outfield and Jordan Jones at first are all going to be hard to replace. It will interesting to see who steps up. Oakland had two freshman play a lot this year it may happen again next year.

Oakland does have some big shoes to fill. Losing Hines and Birkofer will be hard to replace. I understand that both of these young men come from good baseball stock. I "hear" they come from good musical stock as well!. If rumors are true, they have some stage persona in their blood and/or gene pool. Some kids have all the luck B)