Kirkland: Pros or Bama?

nowaynohow

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sources tell me he will definitely go pro if he is taken in the first or second round, which is a real possibility. I'm all for a college education but I think you've got to take the money while you can. He can always go back and get his degree later, when he will have plenty of money to pay for it.

I wonder what Frozenrope has to say on this topic?

I think he should go pro if he is drafted highly. College is a waste of money unless you are going into a "highly" skilled area (doctors, lawyers etc.) I believe he needs to think hard about what he wants to do in life. If baseball is a way for him to get a degree for something he "really" wants to do then college is the way to go. But if he wants to make baseball his life career, go ahead and get the cash and the experience. Just my opinion

I think he should go pro if he is drafted highly. College is a waste of money unless you are going into a "highly" skilled area (doctors, lawyers etc.) I believe he needs to think hard about what he wants to do in life. If baseball is a way for him to get a degree for something he "really" wants to do then college is the way to go. But if he wants to make baseball his life career, go ahead and get the cash and the experience. Just my opinion

You really think college is only a good idea if you are going into a "highly skilled" position? What about the life experiences gained? Just commenting...thanks for sharing your opinion.

Well said gameday. I think he'll go no sooner than 4th. I really like the kid, he's a great catcher. But i don't think he has a good enough bat for the pros. Haveing a good bat can be a major factor on who gets starting roles. If he goes to Bama he can only get better and he will go higher in the draft and enter the pros as a better player.