greenbrier vs. walker valley....

3sports

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LJ, although I agree with you on the outcome, I don't agree with you on the score. I do expect Greenbrier to score a few runs, especially against a team allowing 2.6 runs per game. However, Walker Valley is avg 7 runs per game. Granted some of their games they scored 13, 14, 16 and 18 runs, which easily pad that statistics. Although Greenbrier is avg 4.0 runs per game, it appears that their schedule is much tougher (schedule strength of 50 vs WV's 86) and they are allowing only 1.9 runs per game.

As stated earlier (or on another thread), I don't believe WV has seen an outfield like Greenbrier's, they are also strong on the corners. Pitching has been inconsistent at times during the season, but appears to be better down the stretch.

I wouldn't be suprised by a score of 5-3, Greenbrier.

Congratulations to my girls at Walker Valley. You played with so much heart tonight. You have made this season one to remember. Greenbrier is a great team with classy coaches. Hopefully we will get to play each other again next year. Thanks again Sweetwater for your support. God Bless!

WOW! I am a little surprised by the score. Although I did predict Greenbrier to win, you just never know at this level of play. WV must have some mighty good sticks. Any details to the game would be appreciated.

Congratulations to Greenbrier on a great season! And congratulations to WV on making it to state.

Walker Valley actually scored their first two runs on a pass ball and a wild pitch. That made it 2-0 in the second inning. The Lady Cats made it 2-1 in the top 1/2 of the 6th inning. Then the Lady Mustangs' bats took over, with the bases loaded Ashley Alverson (freshman) hit one over the left fielder's head and scored three runs. They scored one more that inning to make the final 6-1.

The Lady Mustangs appear to be peaking at the right time. Good luck in Memphis!

Greenbrier drove 192 miles and about half of the team stayed on the bus. It was probably the worst game that they have had since the worth tournament. I think between the big game with Lipscomb on Wednesday and graduation on Thursday and the long drive on Friday it was to much to overcome.

Good luck Liscomb, we will be watching you keep the title in 8AA.