Any info on CSAS?

Soccerdude83

First of all, Mtnman, i'm #15 from Fairview...thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it!

Secondly, on the subject of the game, other than some of the extremely outraged emotions that my team displayed toward the end of the game, I believe it was a good game, I along with some of my other teammates simply did not finish on the opportunities we were given! The PK that was given that CSAS scored on was a good call! But when it came to many other situations..(during and after the game) i was completely digusted in how the center referee handled things! The two that strike me the hardest are as follows...1.) during the game, our SPEAKING CAPTAIN attempted to ask the center ref to watch for certain things(something the SPEAKING CAPTAIN is entitled to do) and the ref would hear NOTHING of it, and in one instance the ref told our SPEAKING CAPTAIN to(and i quote) "Shut up and play! I'm calling the game!"......2.) after the game, with my emotions running extremely high, i told the ref "thanks" and expressed how he was the worst ref ever! and he Grinned at me, gave me two thumbs up, and laughingly said, "GO HOME!"

It was things like that and little instances like when he told my teammate that he didn't get a call because he "dribbles too much!" and eventually carded him for questioning that he "can't dribble?" that aggrevated me the most...

and it completely angered me when he aggressively approached one of my teammates after the game for saying something to him...it seemed to me(since i was 5 feet away) that had our coach not grabbed my teammate, the referee would have phycically touched him, if not attempted to harm him!

sounds pretty bad, i know! but we still had opportunities to win that game but we didn't take advantage of them!

The refs DID NOT lose that game for us, and anyone who says otherwise is full of crap...we gave that game away, with stupid penalties and blown opportunities....good luck to CSAS but even more luck to Columbia Academy!!!

It was a great year, and i think its funny that 3 out of our 5 loses were to you guys(CA)...hope you guys make Region 4 District 8 proud!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am impressed with your perspective on the game.

The thing I saw that the refs could have stopped was the taunting by #3 of CSAS. If I was 16 years old, I wouldn't be able to handle my emotions either and would have taken him out. (that doesn't make it right but this was a heated game with alot on the line) Give #3 a yellow card for taunting and it would have changed alot of the emotions in the final 10 minutes.

Despite some better quality chances by CSAS this was a fairly even game. Fairview could have had 2-3 goals but then again CSAS could have also.

i agree on a number of levels

while i have yet to hear see any csas posts, fairview is taking the loss well with true leadership stepping up and apologizing.

secondly, i was equally appalled by the center referee's attidude towareds the game, the players from either team, and soccer in general. i am a ref, granted not a tssaa, but i am positive that you cannot be carded for dribbling too much. the officiating was very one sided, althought i'll agree, fairview seemed to lose the game for themselves.

i can only hope to see fairview control their temper and come back strong next year.

best of luck CA

ok heres my saying on the game through my eyes. fairview should have one yeah even with the pk given to csas. csas did not control the game 70% your nuts.fairview didnt controll it much either there was a lot of kick ball by both teams. after the pk things only got worse for fairview. yeah we should have put the ball in the back of the net to win but at the same time we you cant dribble through the team how are you supposed to score ..... throwing the ball in the net? im not gonna say its all the refs fault but he did screw fairview over more then a few times.in my opinion csas has the talent of zion maybe page which are both good teams. fairview did not play there game and it showed and costed us. at this time fairview is trying to get a tape of the game to report the refs just so there wont be anymore worries about them. these refs were the worst i have seen of my 3 years in HS soccer and my 4 going on 5 years of select soccer. i wouldnt even let those guys ref rec ball.now i am expecting CA to go deep into state and make there reigion and district proud. with all this said and fairview season just ended has fairview earned any respect with other bigger schools ???

i would put CSAS on par with CA in terms of skill. they are a deep team, have lots of talent in all their players with control and passing skills. it didn't look like they played very well (about like Page or Zion) because i think we played a solid defensive game, it seemed like everyone was containing well. that's why they didn't seem too impressive, i think. other than that, they do have a lot of talent, and if they can come together in the way CA has, i think they have a good chance of advancing. of course, they play CA first round, and it'll be a tough game. CA has a better chance of winning, but good luck to both teams.

Mtnman, are you sure that it was #3, Trevor Owens, who was taunting people from Fairview. I've played against him at least 10 times, and with him in several club tournaments, and have never one time seen or heard him talk trash to people. Others on CSAS would definitely stoop to that level, but please confirm that it was really Trevor being a jerk.

Also since you have seen alot of Chattanooga soccer, who was the center ref last night? If you know his name, that's not neccessary, but a physical description would be enough for anyone concerned to find out who it is.

I myself have also played with Trevor many times in club games and just plan h.s. soccer games for these past few years and have never seen him display any kind of unsportsmanlike emotions towards players on the opposite side of the field. So I'm going to have to with Jumparound on this one...(for once) Good luck csas. Just another "unbiased" opinion on my part.

If #3 was running his mouth, I hope he got his money's worth because Fairview took out their frustrations directly on him at the end of the game. Both red cards came after he was victimized. The last after a player took him down from behind away from the action. The first red was comical. As time was expiring #3 begin to stall by sheilding the ball while it sat in Fairview's corner. After camplaining it was illegal [is it?] a player finally rushed him and knocked him down. A free kick was awarded and #3 seemed to ask for 10 yards with the Yellowjackets questioning why they had to move back as the clock ran down. Play started and the same sequence happened again! Play is restarted and this time three guys sprinted from 10 yards out trying to get to him first and the winner made no play on the ball sending #3 flying through air. Result: the first red card. The second red came a few moments later when someone finally ran around #3 and tapped the ball up the field. As play went the other way, the second red happened with more time elapsing.

Being a Chattanooga soccer fan I've always thought this center ref is pretty bad. But Fairview got frustrated and forgot to play soccer for the last 15 minutes. Also CSAS made them chase pass after pass which caused them to lose their composure.

The officials must have felt it necessary to watch the teams shake hands but it would have been better if they had left the field insted. A few players started after the refs as they left but the CSAS principal [6'5" 255lbs] stepped in front of the players. The ref did turn around and take a step or two toward the players but was encouraged by the linesmen to leave. Students and the principal said the "N" word was yelled. As they left a player was screaming at the top of his lungs "YOU stink, YOU stink". THeir coach did restrain somebody placing his hand over their mouth.

I've seen equally bad situations and I'm sure the team will talk about how to give themselves a better chance of winning under similar circumstances if the future.

i was the player 'being restrained', and i did not hear the 'n' word once OR see the principal interfere at all in the middle of the field at the end of the game. i also didn't hear the 'top of the lungs' yelling going on. maybe i was preoccupied with the ref coming at me, but i don't know, i figure i would have noticed. and it wasn't at the ref's encouragement that we shook hands, fairview does not leave the field being bad sports to the other team, at least not like that. we shake hands after every game, and i personally encourage/make my players shake hands no matter the outcome.

I have so many mixed emotions about this game, but its over! I have so many opinions as well on what many of my teammates SHOULD have done, as well as myself!

The referee we are speaking of was about 6'1" 220lbs.(estimation) african-american, whith a foreign accent...he was very aggressive toward players during and after the game, which is my main concern...lots of refs are going to make bad calls(some of which, i named in another post) but when a ref attempts to intimidate or even progress in a near physical encounter with players, it should not be tolerated!!!!!!