BGA vs. ECS

ydet

there is alot of questioning who will win this game. BGA is a very good team but they will be missing two time all-state keeper will walton. the two teams played earlier this season and BGA won 6-1 but alot of people say the lopsided score was due to the three hour drive from memphis.

my humble opinion is a 4-0 victory for BGA.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 2 will be a much closer game. ECS will not come out as flat as they appeared in the game at BGA. In addition the Wildcats will be hampered without the services of Walton in goal. Regardless, I think BGA will grind it out to win 2-1.

BGA not having their keeper killed them... stupid mistake by their keeper to get a red

From my vantage point today it looked as if ECS showed up ready to play. BGA looked flat the entire first half, by the second half it was just too late. ECS's goals were made early in the game, BGA's goalie appeared a bit nervous but really had little help from the defense. Looked like one of the goals was actually headed in by their own player. Bottom line.......Walton or not, ECS played well from the first whistle, they deserved the win.

BGA scored first. Sounds pretty flat to me.

Im not so sure about the statement about our defense. Our poor keeper was just inexperienced, made youthful mistakes that led to those goals.

Not saying ECS didn't deserve anything at all. They ended with the most goals.

Nothing away from ECS as they won but it would have been nice to see BGA play the way they can. In my opinion the only players at BGA that had a good game were Lucas and Cartwright. Lucas had opportunities when he wasn't being held and Cartwright scored the goal, had one off the cross bar and basically was all over the field hustling. The rest of the team had an off day unfortunately.

in the end ECS just out played BGA. having an inexperienced keeper have to play is probably what cost them. all of ECS's goals were very saveable; one went right through the the keeper's pocket (the area between the elbow and knee when a keeper is diving), and the two other goals the keeper came out to soon on crosses and was caught out of position. i have to hand it to ECS though, they capitalized of our (mostly my) mistakes and won the game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.