RECRUITING?

Private schools recruit kids for athletic purposes and provide financial aid to some.

Public schools recruit kids for athletic purposes and give special transfers to some.

What's the difference?

Both D1 and D2 schools have some integrity issues among their ranks.

Pearl-Cohn would have never made the playoffs if they played only with kids in their zone. Hillsboro wouldn't be able to put 11 on the field if they were restricted to kids living in their zone.

BA, MBA, and others have agents of their school, as well as their actual staff memers, who begin recruiting kids in the early grades, and offering incentives to parents and kids alike to attend their schools.

I say we need a rigid set of rules, established by leaders from schools of every type (urban, rural, public, private), that reflect the best interests of the honest member schools across the state, and are enforced justly and honestly. No division is needed. Integrity is needed.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

private schools provide a quality education to all students, it doesnt matter if you are a minority or not. I do not understand the point in that post and I actually find it offensive.

Why isn't there a split between public schools that offer advantages that others dont...ie, open zones, better facilities (Mitchell High School in Memphis is nicer than any D2 school), great academics (White Station according to the Sunday edition of the Commercial Appeal is the 334th best school out of 737 according to Newsweek) which put them in the top 2 percent nationwide. 91 percent are going to a 4 year college. The average ACT score was a 23 and the average SAT was a 1236.

Is it a coincidence that they have the best basketball team over the last 3 or 4 years in the state? Tough to say, they also had one of the best basketball coaches in the city.

They offer advantages that no private school can match...a free education for all students that is both challenging and rewarding but most importantly, free.

We should split them off, since they have an unfair advantage.

MONTGOMERY BELL ACADEMY, est. 1867 (recruiting since 1767). :D

Accusations like this are getting old. We've been discussing this on this board for years and to date no one has presented any proof. If you have proof to back your accusations then present it. Otherwise .....................................!!

"The thing is, fattysmalls, is that its not funny."

no joke is funny to everyone.

i found it amusing.

it is good form to chuckle when people kid you,

even if you dont get it.

hint-"1767"...he is kidding.

if it had said 1967 (or '87, or even '97) your response would be correct.

there have been plenty of attacks on here masquerading as humor.

i dont think this is one of those.

"The thing is, fattysmalls, is that its not funny."

no joke is funny to everyone.

i found it amusing.

it is good form to chuckle when people kid you,

even if you dont get it.

hint-"1767"...he is kidding.

if it had said 1967 (or '87, or even '97) your response would be correct.

there have been plenty of attacks on here masquerading as humor.

i dont think this is one of those.

Aw, come on, Laz...don't tease the poor MBA boy...he can't help it. :lol:

They say that explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You get to learn all about it...but the frog dies. :)