Benches clear Goodpasture vs USJ

wad

Goodpasture's catcher may have gotten plunked for running his mouth. Anyway the ball hit him. He then went toward the pitcher, 3/4 of the way to the mound. Then it was on. Both benches cleared, a lot of pushing and shoving and yelling. As I heard NO one was ejected. Sounds like someone had to go. Did any one see this? I'm waiting on the film. Next batter singles, scores 2 for goodpasture. GP wins 13-3.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Word has it he started talking in the first game on Tues. It got worse in the game today. My question is, If you go toward the mound isn't that automatic ejection? What about players who left the bench? Sounds to me like this could have been very bad for Goodpasture. Playing for a state championship without 4 or 5 starters would have been a great lesson for this young man to learn. Sometimes your mouth writes checks your rear can't cash.

That's baseball folks, you guys act like you have never seen this happen before. Just shows the intensity level down there in Memphis. There shouldn't of been anything done if no one threw a punch, it's just baseball. I bet each team recieved a warning and they played on. Goodpasture being a christian school should not be brought up into this situation.

I strongly beg to differ with Mr B on this issue. It has EVERYTHING to do with being a Christian school!! What comes first??? Being a Christian or a playing a baseball game. But sadly most folks forget Christian values where sports comes in

to play. I've seen it way to many times. (From behind the mask). That's just my humble opinion. Also, the blue behind the plate should have told him to shut his big mouth!!

I agree with djb......but, just because a player plays for a Christian school, doesn't mean they're Christians! I have seen some POOR sportsmanship from 'Christian' schools before.

To sum it up, sounds like the 'blue' needed to do some 'chunkin'!!! :D

In this season and last, we (Rockwood) have played Goodpasture three times. Three times they have beaten us handily. In all three games there have been some players in our dugout ticked off at individuals from Goodpasture's team simply because of sportsmanship (or lack thereof). I have no problem with showing emotion, whether it be venting frustration or celebrating a good hit, as long as it is not overdone. I feel that it is the umpires' jobs to keep individuals and teams as a whole from getting out of line. If Jay Moreland was getting a little bit too cocky, then I think the home plate umpire should have stepped in and told him to shut him mouth and play ball, and if he persisted, he should have been ejected. At Rockwood, one of our players was ejected early in the season for running his mouth (luckily for us it was a freshman during a blowout game that normally did not see varsity time) and the umpire had warned the dugout once already, so he did what he said he would do and tossed the offender. Moreland is a very talented player who has a lot of potential, he is also an outspoken ballplayer. I do not think that there is anything wrong with that, especially him being a catcher (we had some pretty good converstations in the games). He did what he thought he could get away with, and obviously did not overstep that particualy umpire's boundry line. If you people are going to badmouth the situation, think about what should have been done by the umpires first...