Tennessee East-West Shrine Game!

Sequatchie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did surprise me there wasn't anyone from Germantown in the East/West Game. The thing with Riverdale (ha, can I bring them up again, BDD?... their game with Dickson County?) is they were that good with very few seniors. McDaniel is really the only one I can think that should have been playing anyways.

And CBHS and Melrose did have it to where they'd all be playing in the E/W game so that's how that worked out. The West had the huge advantage and it showed.

I dont know what kind of idiot they had coaching for the east team, but maybe if they would have played them Anderson County boys a little more they might have had a chance. I dont think i even saw Sean Mounts touch the ball the whole game....all-state for nothing i guess......Jordan Walker didnt see the field on offense either. I mean, i know if i had a running back that made all state and ran a 4.5 40, and another running back that weighs about 240 lbs. and runs probably a 4.7 or 4.6, i think i would give them the ball atleast a little bit. Instead the east relied on their quarterback who did nothing the entire game. Not taking anything away from Long, but seriously, he just couldnt do anything against the west. Not his fault, but the coaches should have tried something different. It just irritated me to see Mounts and Walker not even get used. Ofcourse, as pitiful as the line was, they probably couldnt have done anything either. I guess we'll never know now though....

From what I hear, Bell talked to a couple of small NAIA schools after the season, but his grades and ACT scores were not where they need to be. If this is the case, then maybe others will realize that grades come first and talent second.

FACT: BELL DID RECENTLY GET A QUALIFYING SCORE ON HIS ACT AND DID QUALIFY TO ENTER THE NAIA SCHOOLS.

A bunch of the East coaches were from losing programs. You could tell that they had no clue. They were trying to pull 300 lb. guards with running plays around the end. The backs were running into their own lineman. The east could have lined up in a power I the whole game and had a better chance than running that stupid wing-T. It takes too long for the plays to set up. The sorry coaches and their pathetic offensive scheme can make any All-American look horrible.