BA 2004

tastyoats Posted Today, 08:34 PM

Her name is Emily hasbeen.

Anyway, we scrimmaged Blackman and Stratford today, and I think we looked a little sloppy at best. It looked like we just didn't show up to play today. Also, freshman Coltharp dislocated his kneecap while playing, but besides that, no serious injuries. Any comments?

Were Stratford and Blackman good or was BA having an off day? I was

watching BA Frosh scrimmage the Blackman Frosh and didn't see much

of the varsity (BA 9th graders looked very good against Blackman- outscoring

them 4 touchdowns to 2). Any word on the extent of Coltharp's injury?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was apart of the scrimmage today, B.A. had very good success, especially on the ground vs. Blackman and was ok passing, however we just were not on against the Stratford defense, I give them a ton of credit though, they had some great players. It's really very hard to gauge teams from practices and scrimmages like this, clearly we did not play our best football today, but I don't think there is cause for alarm. Tyree was the highlight of the scrimmage, he got past the whole Blackman D several times and no doubt would have piled up a ton of yards had it of been a real game. The D played well but not up it's full potential, hopefully when we get Josh Butler back and Barry Turner playing full time again the D will begin to dominate more like I think it is capable of. Overall I would say we did some things well, some things not so well, but most importantly we got better and got some good work in against two quality teams.

I'm not really sure how good Stratford is, their success may have been mainly through confusing BA with looks that we are not used to, or possibly BA just not being on our game, or through just having a really good team.

I personnally think they were pretty good, I don't know who they play or much about their program at all but they had a lot of good athletes, however I of course would put my money on BA by about 10 if they met in the regular season.

Definitly an interesting argument....everybody is entitled to there own opinion, but for now Flatt has named Bowker the starting QB so I think all of us BA fans should support Brad and give him some time, remember- we've only practiced 8 times, he'll do fine.

825299766[/snapback]

i agree that we need to support brad if that is the direction of the coaching staff but i do not believe that you can play brad at qb if that means that tyler will be standing on the sidelines. tgriff is clearly the better athlete and better back weather that be at qb or tb. he is such an impact player he must be on the field both ways most of the game just like barry and parker. brad deserves a chance but not if it means tyler is on the sidelines. ba must make a choice - is it brad or tyler or is it tyree or tyler. many of you believe tyree is a great slashing tb in the ba tradition and that is ok but if that is so then tyler has got to be the qb. if not he has to be the tb. he must be on the field most of the time both ways!!!!

To ba Best, finally someone comes out of the BA closet and suggest that Tyler might need to be on the field most of the time. I know I didn't have to be as harsh in posting my opinion about this but it seemed so obvious to me. I agree with you 100%. At the same time, I know Coach Flatt MUST have a good reason for starting the year with the current lineup. Knowing him , I think he is playing Tyler at many posistions right now so Tyler can go into a game on offense in a number of different places-where he is needed most for a certain situation. I think Flatt is hoping Brad and Tyree can handle their posistion well enough that Tyler doesn't HAVE to play aa ton of offense and can be rested so he can lead what they hope to be the best defense in the state. I hope it works!!!

B.A. Always, im right there with you. I play for BA and agree that tyler must be on the field. Hes a playmaker no question about that and he needs to be on the field as much as possible. I dont know which he will play most (receiver, qb, or tailback) on offense butany of the 3 he will excell at. Flatt is experimenting him at all so he will be prepared to play all. He can throw, catch, and run straight over people. And if he doesnt play a lot of offense (which im not saying he wont) he will be well rested for defense which is were he truly belongs, supplying the huge hits. Put any kind of ball (basketball, baseball, or football) in his hands and he can do it better then most who are used to playing. It will be interesting who will pick him up after this year, whoever does will get an A+ player for sure. He is the heart and soul of BA's team from my stand point. Players want to play like him and hit like him, which im sure most people want to do. So from all this here is my conclusion: Tyler Griffin must be on the field, Its that simple and im sure no one can disagree to that...unless ur playing against him.

Edited by UTennFAN312

UTennFAN,

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy!!! About yesterday's scrimmage, do the players from BA ever get fired up and excited? Those guys from Straton had so much enthusiasm after every play. Our guys acted like it was a big pain in the --- to be on the field. I just don't understand that!! There are thousands of guys who would give anything to play at a powerhouse school like BA and play for a legend like Coach Flatt. How about getting excited about the opportunity each player is getting at BA. You never know which college scout is watching at a practice, and the coaches don't always know. But they will be hanging out at BA. That is the benefit of playing for someone like BA.