Has Alcoa violated a TSSAA rule?

kingbrian3

According to some posters on here, Alcoa participated in a three-day camp at Sewanee last weekend. Is this when their spring practice occurred? The rule states that you have only ten days in pads during the spring and you have only 15 days to get the in after the first day. Does anybody know if Alcoa has violated the rule?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to some posters on here, Alcoa participated in a three-day camp at Sewanee last weekend. Is this when their spring practice occurred? The rule states that you have only ten days in pads during the spring and you have only 15 days to get the in after the first day. Does anybody know if Alcoa has violated the rule?

I don't see any diffrence in this than the teams going to the 7 on 7 competitions! :rolleyes:

I see it as a violation, if they exceeded the allowable pad time in the spring session that they already had when they scrimaged another team. I don't think Coach Reid would break the rules.

I understand they only took part of the team. This message means you can suit but your not good enough to travel with the choosen of the team. If some can't go to camp, then no one should go, is my view.

What other teams were there? What were the dates? Can the school pay for such camps or do the kids have to pay for this type of camp?

I think the camp was out of state, VA, and no other TN teams were present to my knowlege, but I am not sure about the detailes.

Here is the rule:

1. Spring Practice must fall within your Spring Semester and you have 15 days to get in 10 days in pads.

2. After your school year ends, you can practice any day in the summer with helmets ONLY and absolutely no contact until the first official practice day on the Nonday of the first week of August.

You can participate in passing leagues but no tackling, no shoulder pads, etc.

3. NO CONTACT WORK WITH ANY OTHER FOOTBALL TEAM UNTIL THURSDAY OF THE FIRST WEEK OF CAMP IN AUGUST.

The only way they could justify sending kids to a CONTACT camp would be if their coaches didn't coach them and it was a specialized football camp that the boy's parents or grandparents paid for and not the school. Schools can raise money to pay for team football camp but it must be after the first contact date if contact is to be done with another team and even then they must follow the rules.