Williamson County 2004

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Man, if we open another high school or two in our fair county, there won't be room for them in the poll!

This should be an interesting year. In the 5A schools, will the power shift to the Cool Springs area of the triangle and to Centennial? Will BA and BGA again make it to their respective state championship games... again? How does Page do with new head coach Palmer? And Fairview with their new coach? Can Ravenwood continue to slowly build what could be a solid program? Indy comes into the picture too and they'll be blown away by BA (that'll feature the Eagles vs the Eagles, great).

Overall though, who is the best? Hard to chose between several teams I think should be frontrunners. Those are BA, Brentwood, Centennial, and Franklin. BGA could be up there too, but I think they might have lost just a bit too much. The CHS-BGA showdown will be a good one and I think the Cougars have a much better showing than last year. I have more to say but what are your thoughts?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious...has BA ever been beaten by anybody in Williamson County? I'm pretty sure BHS is something like 0-8 against BA and I know Centennial is 0-1, I don't think Franklin has played BA ever in a regular season game unless it was a while ago, and I'm not sure about BGA either and I doubt that any of the others have played BA but I could be wrong, my BA expertise only goes back a few years, so any Will. Co. football experts know?

The two years that BA was in 5A (95 and 96), region 5 I believe it was then, Franklin and BA squared off in front of huge crowds and the scoreboard was hugely in favor of BA. I don't know if they have played other than those two years though. But if there hadn't been a split that region would have been incredible last year. Lincoln County, Brentwood, Franklin and BA all in a region together.

The two years that BA was in 5A (95 and 96), region 5 I believe it was then, Franklin and BA squared off in front of huge crowds and the scoreboard was hugely in favor of BA. I don't know if they have played other than those two years though. But if there hadn't been a split that region would have been incredible last year. Lincoln County, Brentwood, Franklin and BA all in a region together.

:lol:

BA has pitched a shutout against other Williamson County Schools. Last three times they played WillCo schools, the games were all barnburners not decided until the end.

Hard to say what will go on with the respective schools, with much time to go before they even report for practice. A lot of schools have graduated a ton of quality football players, with plenty of holes to fill. CHS looks to be the least affected by graduation numbers, but replacing Phillip Bates on a lot of levels will challenge the Cougars. Independence is a LONG way off-heck do they have anymore than two coaches yet? Will be exciting though, to hear new names talked about as the 2004 season gets underway. New coaches, new coaching staffs, new players, new schools, maybe some new uniforms, lots of good things going on in Williamson County.

And prepare for another new high school in 5 years-Nolensville,

Here is my ranking of Williamson County. If Williamson County could be its own region i would predict it to come out like this:

1. Brentwood Academny

2. Brentwood High School

3. Centennial High School

4. Battle Ground Academy

5. Franklin High School

6. Page High School

7. Ravenwood High School

8. Fairview High School

9. Independence High School

Give me your thoughts I would love to hear your arguments

Here is my ranking of Williamson County. If Williamson County could be its own region i would predict it to come out like this:

1. Brentwood Academny

2. Brentwood High School

3. Centennial High School

4. Battle Ground Academy

5. Franklin High School

6. Page High School

7. Ravenwood High School

8. Fairview High School

9. Independence High School

Give me your thoughts I would love to hear your arguments

natural, my rankings would be identical. There is no question BA will be the best team in the county this year, and the closest games would be between BGA-Centennial, Franklin-Centennial, and BGA-Franklin (I wish these guys played each other). I'd love to see another BA-Brentwood game, but alas, one party is not willing. As a result, we play Independence instead. I'm glad they have the guts to play us.

Let me ask all you guys a question. How will ALL the Williamson Co. teams do in THEIR region? To talk about the best team in the County would be unfair to the smaller schools.

And to thicken this conversation let me ask you another question. Who will have the best overall record in Williamson County?

Francis raises a good point here. BGA was a state champion last year, for example, but many didn't feel that the 'Cats were the best team in the county. I think that Page and Fairview will have good years, but no, they couldn't match up with the 5A teams or BA. I'm not sure abouut the competition in their respective regions though at this point, so I'm not sure how exactly they'll fair.

Wes and spring... you have BHS too high and FHS too low.

1. Brentwood Academy (but never fear Rebel fans, as soon as FHS wins a game, they go into number one for me!)

2. Franklin

3-t. BGA

3-t. Centennial

5. Brentwood

6. Page

7. Fairview

8. Ravenwood (I think losing Jack will hurt...)

9. Indy