Williamson County 2004

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Jsmack and FHS27 you both are right. The problem is that Williamson County doesn't put money into athletics period. Every school in the county could have gripes about facilities. Look at Page for example for years they have played with goal posts made out of metal water pipes. Coach Bennett and others hand made these goal posts. Go by Ravenwood and you will see they have nicer goal posts on their practice field. The county refused to give any money to replace them and finally the QB club bought some this year. But would the county pay to have them installed? NO we had to do that ourselves as well. We are the only school in the county to still have wooden light posts. Everyone else has the nice metal posts I believe. For years the Jamboree has been a joke and money has been lost. All the schools would play their JV players and no one wants to come see that. As for getting fired up about the rankings. Page gets no respect. But I am not suggesting that we can play with the likes of Franklin and BA and Brentwood. We can compete for a half but then numbers take over. Look at Brentwoods Championship year We trailed then 6-2 at the half but just wore down the 2nd half. Fairview being ranked that high is a joke and I am sorry if anyone gets offended but it is. We played Fairviews JV last year or year before using predominately freshman and whipped them like a step child. When it comes to facilities Page and Fairview are in the same boat. FHS, CHS, RHS, BHS, and IHS will continue to get more because they have more students and that gives them a louder voice. By the way Jsmack Franklins weightroom is not exactly huge by any means. But just drive by there one afternoon around 2 o'clock and you will see the players with weights pulled out in the parking lot working out. On Tuesday they had 48 Freshman in the weightroom. Say what you want but you have to respect Johnson and his staff and the players for that type of work ethic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the recruiting that goes on in DII you SHOULD have a better squad than Fairview. To think otherwise would make you look silly wouldn't it! However, Fairview will field one of the best squads that it has had in recent years. And since these schools have very similar athletes, I would have to take FHS in a dogfight because they play for pride! thumb

Don't even start with us, Jsmack. If you want to make the DII supporters as ticked at you as you were at FHSRebel yesterday, keep going with the recruiting line. It is sooo based in fallacy it's not even funny, but the misconceptions have been perpetuated to an irreparable extent.

Saying that DII schools recruit is like saying that just because Fairview is small and rural, it will never be successful -- you and I both know that to be false. Please don't spread any similar misconceptions about other schools.

Cowboys,

You are right about Page's stadium. Coach Bennett and many family members put that stadium together. Every year Coach Bennett and staff replaced the sod and keep the field looking nice. In 27 plus years the county brought in new visitor stands for last season and replaced the concession stand because the old one was consider to be a hazard by the county inspectors. Again, all the original work was done by parents and Community.

I applaud those and give my alegiance to those that do great things behind the scenes to help make the facilities nice. I thank them for their hard work. Most of the time they don't get the credit nor do they want the credit. They seem to just want a nice place to watch their kids and their neighbors kids play and grow into great people. In the end, is that not what we all want? For our children to be well educated and important people that are contributing to the good of the Community.

Thank you to all the people that are behind the scenes making our schools and athletic facilites a better place! thumb

It's true that BA has been dominant in Williamson County. Both BHS and CHS have played them tough which is impressive considering that neither BHS or CHS or any of the other schools mentioned in the poll offer scholarships and field teams that consist of great players from numerous districts and at times other states. Playing BA is like playing a small college. As both CHS and BHS has proven over the past three years , if you can play well against BA, you can expect to go deep into the state playoffs. Hats of to coach Flatt! He's built a quality program!!!

We are the only school in the county to still have wooden light posts. Everyone else has the nice metal posts I believe. As for getting fired up about the rankings. Page gets no respect. Fairview being ranked that high is a joke and I am sorry if anyone gets offended but it is. We played Fairviews JV last year or year before using predominately freshman and whipped them like a step child. When it comes to facilities Page and Fairview are in the same boat.

Fairview still has wooden light poals at our football stadium. Turst me Page and Fairview both get the short end of the stick when it comes to athletic facilities. If you don't agree with that then you are wrong. Only reason Fairview got a new concession stand was because Page needed a new one and of course it was Page colors. So the booster club had to paint it. The bad thing about the concession stand was they tore the old one down at the beginning of the season and we had to make do with little tents all year. Shows you how smart the county is. Fairview got lights on the baseball field three years ago, so it is now a county field but the county will not come out and take care of it like they do Cheek Park. Why can't they just give us the supplies? Fairview has been just as competitive the past couple of years as any public high school in Williamson Co. Don't complain about the rankings, they are based on how you do in your prospective classes, everyone knows the higher the class the better the team.

Off of vacation, I'll weigh in as well. . .

DAD 1 is in a great position to know the inner-workings of the WillCo school board as it relates to athletics. Brentwood also has wooden light poles that are not even Creosoted. That means they have been slowly rotting for twenty years. The lighting has been underpowered for years, and according to photographers, TV people, and officials-it is the worst lit stadium in the county and definitely the worse in 5A! The BMS/BHS parents raised money to build their stadium as well as the concessions booth. They also bought the visitors stands, which were removed mysteriously to a middle school when the new addition was built. The county supplies NO money beyond the minimum for athletics. Heck, even when they finally built new stands at BHS, they screwed that up and still haven't finished the project some 3 years later! Something to do with the supplier having gone bankrupt-which is the same excuse they used for not fixing the Ravenwood track that is buckling up after just two years. The way the school board (and county commission work) would start a firestorm on this board if we really told it like it is.

Don't assume all is peaches and cream at BHS as far as facilities. Fairview and the other schools have similar issues. Not enough money is spent on this infrastructure. But boy we have nice parks and roads!

Brentwood Acadamey's freshman teams have destroyed (intercounty) who have come to play them. They are sure to be No 1. I'd like to make Centennial my No. 2 but poor coaching gets in the way of superior athletes. Good coaching like you find at Franklin and Brentwood will make the difference as to who is No. 2 in the county, my nod goes to Franklin out of pure bias. I think this is the year Centennial beats Brentwood making them No. 3 and Brentwood #4. Page will have to come up with a dynamic offense under coach Palmer to hold the #5 spot. Let's hope he finds a great Offensive Coordinator. BGA ? Do they have any standouts this year?

Why can't we have our own Williamson Co Jamboree with all nine schools playing a 15 minute per quarter double elimination, but only if all first stringers play and none of this worrying about injuries nonsense.

Problem with Jamboree's in the past playing first stringers is no one wants a player hurt in a meaningless game or scrimmage. For a couple times the past few years, BHS played a Week 0 game the next night and no way were they going to risk any varsity players, let alone let anyone else see what they were doing on both sides of the ball. Nice idea for the fans, but not for the coaches.

Also, excitement is high on Murray Lane as the two most successful coaches in BHS history unite for this coming season. Combine the defensive abilities of Ron Crawford with the offensive genius of Jack Daniels who will be calling the plays, and you've got the potential for some big things. Don't sell the Bruins short on making it 4 in a row Region Championships.