FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well whatever... it was a preaseason game anyways. At least, that's what BHS students have been brainwashed to believe. No joke, and I may have told y'all this already, but this is what a BHS student told me that year. "We were undefeated." "No, dear, y'all were 14-1." "The BA game? You can't count that. It was a preseason game, they're not in our division." "No dear, it was a real game." "No, you don't understand..." and she was ADAMANT about it.

To be honest... and this is coming from someone who didn't grow up here and does not have any loyalty whatsoever to any school... I think folks around here don't give Greg Gregory the credit he deserves... how else do you explain turning a program that was mired in 2-8 and 3-7 seasons into a playoff contender? Those people who make fun of Greg don't know Greg personally and understand what a great guy he is... I just don't think it's fair to make those assmptions of him... I think he is just another part of a tremendous coaching fraternity across Williamson County...

Save your judgement for Greg until after this season... if this team goes 5-5 and gets beat in the first round of the playoffs, then I'll be right there with the people saying the coaching should have been better...

And besides... coaches can only do so much... when it's Friday night and the lights are on... players have to make plays... it's that simple...

I agree with sportsguy here... a bad coach doesn't take a team to within one point of the quarterfinals. Gregory may not be the BEST coach in Williamson County, but he's up there with 'em. Had the pleasure to meet him back during the '01 season while helping Chip out with the AM 950 Sonic Coach's Show and he is a good man. Seemed to be well-liked by his players, too.

Edited by FHSrebel27

Eugene has had a considerable amount of playing time, white has played since hes been a freshman, hes only dropped the ball once, and he recorded a 4.3 40 this summer, lucas is a tough kid who will be able to hold is own, and i cant tell you anything about the linebacker situation

825291090[/snapback]

White has trouble holding onto the ball, as the Wildcats have found out. Speed means a lot, but can he take a hit? No... If you look at Lucas' maxes and 40 times, its not too impressive. All I am saying is ya'll have a young team and without Karl, it'll be tough to compete as you have in the 4 years before. Speaking of Karl, I heard he's already made enemies at UT?

Centennial has had two good years and will continue to be better than before. They are just now getting the performance they should be getting out of a 5a school population.

This year will be a true test for the cougars....hhhmmmm life without Bates??

BA just reloads

Look for BHS to start to tumble...Ravenwood is siphoning off athletes....

undecided do you know whether or not john hewitt, jonathan haynes, or titus ??? is starting next year? we're all close track buddies

825292728[/snapback]

Haynes will not, Titus has a chance is he gets his mind right, and Hewitt will play a lot of reciever but we rotate around about 5 or more receivers at all times.