FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Franklin could very easily make it two in a row. Or Centennial could get their first region championship. It's gonna be a fun year in the region but we'll get to discuss that later on down the road.

Discussions have been squelched by such tentative predictions, so I'll get things going again:

Who is the most valuable player for each team?

Glad you asked, T! (Spoken in the same manner as a news reporter answering a cheesy, canned question from the anchor)

Tyler Griffin will make the Eagles' wings flap this year, regardless of where he ends up on the field. He is a thoroughbred athlete with the tenacity of a jilted siamese cat and the speed of that same cat flying through the air after its owner releases his reproval for a scratch to the toe. Whether at RB or QB, he will need to burst through opposing defenses; and while on defense, he'll teach Division II what the phrase "lay the hat" really means.

Tyler is not the lone dictator of BA's success, but he is certainly a prominent factor.

Edited by WesVols

• 3 weeks later...

most of the ranking actually depend upon how well BGA plays against Centennial in their opener. BGA lost 16 seniors last year and will have six this following year so they are very young. also their are les than 20 upper classmen and less that half of them have seen significant playing time. there could be some real tallent on the BGA squad but it will be impossable to tell until opening night. the one good thing they have going for them is an exellent coaching staff. Tim Moore is entering his 7th year as head coach and has won either three or four state championships in that time. O J flemming will be the offensive coodinator and is a master at picking apart defenses. Doug Langston will be entering his 31st year as a staff member at BGA and knows the school and its students like the back of his hand. also returning is charlie manning.

Some new additions to the coaching staff are Tim Morabito, a defensive linemen who played in the NFL for awhile. Jim Tully who is supposed to be a great coach. and Frank Wycheck who has played tight end in the NFL for the past 11 seasons.

we will just have to wait and see how things go.

There is no way Fairview is ranked higher then BGA

BGA

Offensive skill positions:

QB: Will Caudill JR.

FB: Sid Harmon SR.

RB: Brandon McCall SR.

ZBack: Jackson Norman SR.

TE: Evan Lucas JR.

WR: Jonathan White JR.

Defensive:

MLB: Evan lucas ( i think) JR.

OLB: Sid Harmon SR. and Eugene Halford SR.

CB: Jonathan White JR. and Brandon McCall SR.

S: Jackson Norman SR.

Edited by GatorLover02

There is no way Fairview is ranked higher then BGA

BGA

Offensive skill positions:

QB: Will Caudill JR.

FB: Sid Harmon SR.

RB: Brandon McCall SR.

ZBack: Jackson Norman SR.

TE: Evan Lucas JR.

WR: Jonathan White JR.

Defensive:

MLB: Evan lucas ( i think) JR.

OLB: Sid Harmon SR. and Eugene Halford SR.

CB: Jonathan White JR. and Brandon McCall SR.

S: Jackson Norman SR.

825290822[/snapback]

Well, considering the only peple on that team with considerable playing time is Sid, Brandon, Jackson, and maybe Eugene, I wouldn't get too excited. White is unreliable and has trouble holding onto the ball, Caudill has NO expirience, McCall has had limited playing time from being in Karl's shadow, and Lucas isyoung also. Also, if I amd thinking correct, aren't ya'll thinking about mocing Sid to middle? If you are starting the Lucas kid, good luck. But I guess that is all you can do when ya'll have 6 seniors and 24 underclassmen. Good luck next season.

Well, considering the only peple on that team with considerable playing time is Sid, Brandon, Jackson, and maybe Eugene, I wouldn't get too excited.  White is unreliable and has trouble holding onto the ball, Caudill has NO expirience, McCall has had limited playing time from being in Karl's shadow, and Lucas isyoung also.  Also, if I amd thinking correct, aren't ya'll thinking about mocing Sid to middle?  If you are starting the Lucas kid, good luck.  But I guess that is all you can do when ya'll have 6 seniors and 24 underclassmen.  Good luck next season.

825291031[/snapback]

Eugene has had a considerable amount of playing time, white has played since hes been a freshman, hes only dropped the ball once, and he recorded a 4.3 40 this summer, lucas is a tough kid who will be able to hold is own, and i cant tell you anything about the linebacker situation

Wow... still two months away from football season and already I get to make enemies... all these BA supporters... tsk, tsk... MY county rankings:

1. Centennial

2. BA

3. Brentwood

4. Franklin

4. Ravenwood

6. CPA

7. BGA

8. Page

9. Fairview

I agree with everything but you have left an important element out of the mix...coaching...I'm on record(many times) regarding Centennial's Achilles Heel

Flatt a legend

Brentwood has the access to "Great Minds"

Franklin has Danny Nowell

Coaching is HUGE in HS Football and especially in a county with so much talent in so many different schools.

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Wow... still two months away from football season and already I get to make enemies... all these BA supporters... tsk, tsk... MY county rankings:

1. Centennial

2. BA

3. Brentwood

4. Franklin

4. Ravenwood

6. CPA

7. BGA

8. Page

9. Fairview

I agree with everything but you have left an important element out of the mix...coaching...I'm on record(many times) regarding Centennial's Achilles Heel

Flatt a legend

Brentwood has the access to "Great Minds"

Franklin has Danny Nowell

Coaching is HUGE in HS Football and especially in a county with so much talent in so many different schools.

825291223[/snapback]

Hey, I'm not upset...just happy we get the chance to find out who's better between your top two. Won't be theoretical for you this season! Of course, there were those who rated BA below the 5A Champ BHS Bruins a couple years ago too, so you never know! ;)

Edited by itzme

Hey, I'm not upset...just happy we get the chance to find out who's better between your top two.  Won't be theoretical for you this season!  Of course, there were those who rated BA below the 5A Champ BHS Bruins a couple years ago too, so you never know!  ;)

825291232[/snapback]

And it's not like we beat BHS by double digits that year or anything... ;)