Bias towards West Tennessee/Memphis

mofototo50

Ok, I know the reason for this is because of the fact nobody from Memphis gets on this site. But when you talk about the best player in the state, he resides in Memphis, at Briarcrest Christian School. #25 player in the country, and #6 OL, its Michael Oher, or know to many in the Memphis Area as Big Mike! He is one of the most gifted big men I have ever seen play the game. He manhandles people on every play, eyt not one time is he metioned on this TENNESSEE high school football board. A shame, a crying shame!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I know the reason for this is because of the fact nobody from Memphis gets on this site.  But when you talk about the best player in the state, he resides in Memphis, at Briarcrest Christian School.  #25 player in the country, and #6 OL, its Michael Oher, or know to many in the Memphis Area as Big Mike!  He is one of the most gifted big men I have ever seen play the game.  He manhandles people on every play, eyt not one time is he metioned on this TENNESSEE high school football board. A shame, a crying shame!

You are correct. He's not mentioned one time. He's mentioned multiple times.

Links to Where Michael Oher is Mentioned

Ok, I know the reason for this is because of the fact nobody from Memphis gets on this site. But when you talk about the best player in the state, he resides in Memphis, at Briarcrest Christian School. #25 player in the country, and #6 OL, its Michael Oher, or know to many in the Memphis Area as Big Mike! He is one of the most gifted big men I have ever seen play the game. He manhandles people on every play, eyt not one time is he metioned on this TENNESSEE high school football board. A shame, a crying shame!

Actually he is not the states top prospect that honor goes to WR Patrick Turner from Goodpasture. He is ranked as the #1 player in Tennessee the #2 best WR in the country & the #21 prospect overall by Rivals.

Michael Oher is rated #25 overall!

Oher is an offensive lineman. No one(fans on coacht at least) talks about offensive linemen. It is nothing against him, that is just how it is. Mainly just coaches and scouts will talk about him, and really, that is all that matters. His career probably doesnt ride on whether or not some over enthusiastic coacht member mentions him in the "Best Offensive Lineman in TN on a rainy friday night with the temp below 50" or the "Most underrated overrated lineman in West TN." He will prosper in life whether us lowly coacht member talk about him or not.

Before this post, he was metioned 2 other times on football boards. One of which was the D1 prospects thread, and he only got 2 of the many post. Of course he was metioned during basketball but that is because his team made it to State Semi-finals. Im just saying this guy is a lot better than any Maryville player, yet that is all we hear about is Maryville this, Maryville that. I have no problem with it, I just wish you would at least acknowledge it. And yes I know OL don't egt all that attention but they should when they are as good as this guy. I mean on some teams you are going to talk about the RB or QB or WR, but this guy is special enough to where he deserves to be talked about.

And about Patrick Turner since you tried to correct me, to avoid the point of my arguement. He is ranked higher, and congrats to him. But 4 spots isn't that much of a difference, compared to the thousandfs of high school players in the country.

Before this post, he was metioned 2 other times on football boards. One of which was the D1 prospects thread, and he only got 2 of the many post. Of course he was metioned during basketball but that is because his team made it to State Semi-finals. Im just saying this guy is a lot better than any Maryville player, yet that is all we hear about is Maryville this, Maryville that. I have no problem with it, I just wish you would at least acknowledge it. And yes I know OL don't egt all that attention but they should when they are as good as this guy. I mean on some teams you are going to talk about the RB or QB or WR, but this guy is special enough to where he deserves to be talked about.

And about Patrick Turner since you tried to correct me, to avoid the point of my arguement. He is ranked higher, and congrats to him. But 4 spots isn't that much of a difference, compared to the thousandfs of high school players in the country.

4 spots is as good as a thousand spots...he's higher.

thumb

Before this post, he was metioned 2 other times on football boards.  One of which was the D1 prospects thread, and he only got 2 of the many post.  Of course he was metioned during basketball but that is because his team made it to State Semi-finals.  Im just saying this guy is a lot better than any Maryville player, yet that is all we hear about is Maryville this, Maryville that.  I have no problem with it, I just wish you would at least acknowledge it.  And yes I know OL don't egt all that attention but they should when they are as good as this guy.  I mean on some teams you are going to talk about the RB or QB or WR, but this guy is special enough to where he deserves to be talked about.

And about Patrick Turner since you tried to correct me, to avoid the point of my arguement.  He is ranked higher, and congrats to him.  But 4 spots isn't that much of a difference, compared to the thousandfs of high school players in the country.

Whats your beef Maryville? They have a great fan base on Coacht...thats why there is so much Muraville chatter...If you want more talk about your boy tell your friends to long on.