Division II

ctownballa

Division 2 A is going to be Tipton Rosemark Academy. There will be a lot to watch for from them this year and there are kids that will play at the college level there. The school is much cheaper than Briarcrest and it is not in the city of Memphis but it is an outstanding school and you will hear from this year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Division 2 A is going to be Tipton Rosemark Academy. There will be a lot to watch for from them this year and there are kids that will play at the college level there.  The school is much cheaper than Briarcrest and it is not in the city of Memphis but it is an outstanding school and you will hear from this year.

I enjoy hearing about the DII-A teams since we don't talk about them very often. I've also heard that FACS is supposed to have a heck of a squad this fall...is anyone an authority on the happenings in DII's smallest division?

Edited by WesVols

It looks like Pope John Paul II and Briarcrest are going to be moving into the Super 7 starting next year based on enrollment projections. Will they shake things up any?

I'm confused. If PJPII is going to move up then does that mean Knox Catholic and Chat. Notre Dame are too? Their enrollments are higher than PJPII's. Are the rules regarding enrollments and classification the same for DII as DI?

Just for all of you to know, FACS is going to be a main contender for state this fall in DII-A. Our players this year have the heart and desire to compete and win. We may have had a down year last fall, with a 6-5 record :ph34r: , but this fall will be all different. Our backfields average 40 yd. speed is 4.72. Two Seniors this fall (#83 and #10) have been four year starters, achieving All-State awards every year. This years Junior class will be the core of the team though. We have a freshman (#2) returning who made All-State Receiver, All-State Safety, All-State Punter, and All-Metro for DII. Our line will average around 210 (which is decent for our league), we are fast and quick off the ball. The defense has been one of the best in Memphis the past 2 years, and we expect it to be #1 by the end of the season. With this said, we are coming for Tipton Rosemark, Bishop Bryne, and SBEC. If I had to only win one game it would be against Rosemark because of what they did to Lighthouse, 89-0 just to get their offense to look good because they couldn't do it against anybody else. I gurantee we will be playing in Vanderbilt Stadium for the last game of the season and our ultimate goal....a STATE CHAMPOINSHIP!!!

I don't think that FACs will have a much better team than last year. They were not that good last year and I do not know of any new kids that are outstanding that are gong there but will have to wait and see I guess. As for st andrews unless they got a lot lot better I would not believe that they are that good now. But you never know. Our division is small D2 A but our biggest rival has always been Bishop Byrne and SBEC. SBEC lost a ton of seniors this past year and Bishop Byrne was good and they were lucky also but I believe they (Bishop Byrne) will be the best out of the Div 2 A that we, Tipton Rosemark will have to go up against. We feel tht we will be in the playoffs this year again and we intend to win! We have a great team this year and we are excited. St George will play Div 2 A also this year. They just got started last year so I don't know what they have this year. Bishop Byrne did loose Tez Thigpen and Charles Hampton and that was 2 of their outstanding players. Just wish the season would hurry up and get here!

Oh and by the way, what happened to your defense that was so good during our game last year Crusader. I am a tipton rosemark player. And the freshmen you are referring to only made it because of the small number of athelets that you had and he just happened to be athletic. He is very good at basketball but not so good at other sports. okay but not great. He is great at baskeball but he is very athletic and that helps him in all other sports. The game with Lighthouse was played after the first quarter with the players that had not played at all. the benchwarmers. Mostly freshment and sophmores but you can't help it if they score and they just kept scoring but Lighthouse never quit., so I respect them for that. Can't help the score. You just couldn't walk off the field. Well see come season time.

just so all u crusader fans who think that they are goin to beat us I dont think that u will beat us at rosemark. And also just so u know against lighthouse our freshmen were the only ones playin in the game at the start of the second quarter to the end of the game. Im not really sure if there is much more that we could have done to have prevented lighthouses terrible loss to our GOOD football team the Rosemark Rebels.