MORRISTOWN EAST FOOTBALL

BIGR35

well im glad someone finally said somethign about cherokee, it seems as if none thinks anythign about us. we killed volunteer last year and everyone belives them to be a suprise team, this year. we knocked the number one team out of region one with little effort, pride is a big thing here and we havent lost anyting on defense and our offense is 100 times better than last year. not saying state title or confrence champs but deserve more respect.

825297650[/snapback]

Cherokee will be descent this year there always going to be descent and they'll pull an upset every now and then like in the playoffs last year but i just dont see how there going to be 100 times better on offense there defense will be tough but the offense will struggle. You lost all your running backs and your QB. You have 1 receiver im not sure about the line. Cherokee will win games on defensive side of the ball. There Offense will struggle! And i gotta agree that Volunteer is the sleeper they have almost all skill position players back and the line is better than last year! The Volunteer Cherokee game this year should be a good one!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the West subject.....I, a Morristown East senior, would rather loose every game this year by 100 just so we could beat West just by one point. I've went three years with everybody saying West is so much better than East in football. Which is probably true, but just because you have great players and are good doesn't mean you're gonna win. You have to have heart. Thats something that I think every East player has. Not only do the football players have heart but I think the fans are starting to believe in this team now. After winning 2 games to winning 8, hey thats something to be happy about. But I can assure you one thing, the fans for Morristown East will be the best and I'm talking about the student section "The Superfans" We stand by our team and always will, even if we dont beat West. Alot of students are eger to beat West and I can't wait until this football season starts. FYI: Watchout for RB Josh Russell, this guy can fly down the sidelines and as a JR. last year he was probably the fastest person on the team. GO CANES!!!!

EHSuperfan, Russell should get a chance to show what he can do this year. It was tough last year playing behind Francisco, as there were few opportunities to carry the ball. Anyone who saw the IMAC track and field championships knows Josh has outstanding speed. I just hope they don't lose any more O-linemen to injury, or he may not have many holes to run through. Pritchett moved to Texas and Coker may have torn his MCL this week at practice. What was at the start of practice thought to be the strong point of the team may become a bit thin if Coker is lost for the season.

East had a good scrimmage at Jefferson Co. Defense played great. offense

did ok, o-line played good. The RB had room to run most of the scrimmage.

They just need to learn how too whole onto the football. East had 4 fumble,

3 of the fumble were when we broke down field. fumbles stop us from scoring

any points.( we did have a T.D call back)

The Canes have solid starters returning at most positions. Some of the ones that stand out are Steven Ray, and Austin Coker in the line. Rob Davis, Chris Wilson, and Alonzo Holly at LB. Matt Southerland at DE. Shawn Pendland, Justin Delapp , and Josh Russell at the skill positions. These are just some of the ones that started last year, I'm sure I left out somebody.

Austin Coker, and Blake Garretson have an excellent chance of playing at the next level. Coker is 6"3" 315lbs. is very strong and has very little fat for kid that size. Garretson has the perfect built for a college TE 6"4" 255lbs. has excellent speed, his pass catching skills improved as the season progressed last year, and will only be a junior this year.

I'm sure I omitted someone but hope that helped BIGR.

825288053[/snapback]

Is there any truth to the rumor that both the above mentioned players Coker and Garretson have been lost, possibly for the season due to knee injuries?

Good thread with useful information for us 4A fans. I have no dog in this hunt but I was wondering, does MoWest have players that are in the zone for MoEast. I mean have players gone across town to play for Coach Woods? Can't read up on East mainly because Murphy Fair got no responce from the coaching staff over there.

One thing I will say is IF east does defeat MoWest it would be a great win for the program but would not be an indicator of a possible state run. Good Luck to both teams.

Sugarcane, and yellowjacket2, I'm no doctor, so i won't speculate as to how long these players will be out, but both mentioned players have knee injuries.

Devil10, I'm not sure I know what you are referring to with your post, but if you mean why did Crockett win 7-0, first give Crockett some credit, and also realize that it was only one quarter, and every player that dressed out for the Canes played in that game, so the emphasis for East at least, was not on winning or loosing.

Emeritus, players playing out of zone??? I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole, hehehe. Don't know why, but coach Smith is not big on media coverage for his team. Last year several papers in preseason said the same thing as Murphy Fair, and Prep-extra never had any East stats, although the Canes had several players that would have been at the top of the stats if they had been reported.

Good thread with useful information for us 4A fans.  I have no dog in this hunt but I was wondering, does MoWest have players that are in the zone for MoEast.  I mean have players gone across town to play for Coach Woods?  Can't read up on East mainly because Murphy Fair got no responce from the coaching staff over there. 

One thing I will say is IF east does defeat MoWest it would be a great win for the program but would not be an indicator of a possible state run.  Good Luck to both teams.

825306549[/snapback]

FBE, Being involved with football for many years now in Morristown, I can say you really dont hear of players being out of zone. HCBOE is very strict concerning those matters. However I will say this, when we were in the market for a home a few years back, one of the major points was it had to be zoned for Coach Woods football. This was the first year in Coach Wood's tenure at West and we haven't regreted the results.

I attend Morristown East and I have spoken to both the players that have knee injuries and the word is....Austin Coker just had a sprain and he told me himself he would be ready for the Campbell County game the 27th. But the news is not so good for Garretson. He went to the doctors today and was told that he tore his MCL and possibly his ACL aswell and well be out for the season. This is a big hurt for the 'Canes. This guy could play tightend and fullback but yet domaite at both. This will hurt the 'Canes but hopefully there's somebody there to step-up and become a star.

Chris wilson hurt his need this week. Trainer dosen't thing it too bad. He may

miss our 1st game. We have already lost blake for the season. The defense

has been great all fall camp. With the lost of blake and maybe wilson for a few

week, really hurts the defense. Mo-East defense will be ok, it just will not be

as good as it been this fall. I hope wilson can go next week, He had a great

game last year in the campbell co game. He score the 1st touchdown on defense

in the game, and had 2 big goal line stop in last year game.