Tssaa vs. Hillwood

coachtut

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So two strange/new kids show up, no physicals, no paperwork, and they are attending a school across town = NO PROBLEM! Suit 'em up and let 'em play. That's real honest. :D

Guess they didn't fit in because they didn't curse the coaches out and belittle and demean the head coach on the sideline, like other Hillwood players. :D

And neither could play on the scout team because they were not 25 years old. ;)

Throw the book at the no character having cheaters! thumb

GWAVE1, Thought you might be interested in knowing the incident was reported in May. The Tssaa acted a little quicker in the GHS case, but I quess the playoffs were in question. I wonder how the McGavock principal will vote being it is a metro school .

Well, It also was because of Trabue being involved. With him being in a postion of authority on the Board of Control. But lets remember that the investigation into Gallatin was before the kid ever played a down of football. That information was withheld until maximun damage could take place.

Just who were the 2 players? Were they brothers or were both of them moving across town?

whatchacallit, were do u get your information from? It doesn't really matter but your sure against Hillwood for some reason that is unknown to me . Believe it or not but there is a great group of athletes @ Hillwood right now and I personally dont appreciate you trying to belittle us due to one incident with an unrully player. And did ur information tell u that that player that cursed out the coaching staff was kicked off the team? our coaching staff had enough character to turn the other cheek and not retaliate. they benched him for the rest of the game and then gave him the boot after that. there's a lot of coaches out that that might not of done that wouldn't you say? Don't even try and tell me that there isnt attitude problems with kids at other schools cuz i hear about it everyday. I'll give u one thing there isnt a whole lot of school pride at Hillwood but i for one won't let you make fun of my school like that. so lay off the name calling unless you have to do it to make yourself feel better at night. :D

Hilltopper, if i remember the "correct version" of the story, the player who cursed out Link, and the rest of the coaches, was not dismissed from the team by the coaching staff. They ignored it!! It was only until the principal heard what happened and HE told the boy his football days were over! Link did not boot him, the principal did!!

You keep asking everyone "where do you get your information from". Are we a slight bit paranoid about the facts in the matter???? :D

Ok yodude, you wanna talk facts lets talk facts about good old boy Barr. I was at the game that Chris Brown lost it, not only did he curse out the coaches but he also cursed out Barr, the AD. Now why didn't the AD do anything about it. He just stood there and took it. Obviously, according to yodude (BARR?) the principal had to boot Brown off the team (and yes he deserved it), I think it would be well within the rights of the AD to do it also if he had the guts to do it. A couple more things about your beloved Barr....coming from a parent of 2 Hillwood students, why did Barr always run his pe classes sitting at a desk reading the newspaper? If he was such a great AD and did so many things for Hillwood, why don't the win loss records reflect that. The facilities there would be a disaster if it weren't for parents taking care of the baseball field and Link taking care of the football field, heck there have been parts hanging off of a scoreboard in the gym for years. A group of parents had a "hands on Hillwood" day this spring to clean up and repair alot of things on the school grounds including the athletic facilities, where was Barr? This was before he was fired. Johnson and Link were both there. Dont you think such a dedicated AD as Barr would be there? Also Barr if you cared about the kids of Hillwood as you say you do why are you on here airing your dirty laundry, shouldn't a professional as yourself take it to the proper authorities and let it be handled in a professional way instead of trying to stir things up with a bunch of people that get on here and have no idea of what they are talking about.

I heard the conflict between Barr and Link really peaked when Barr stepped on the foot of the secratary (Links Girl) for the last time. I don't think many people think much of Barr so it comes as no suprise that he would make some enimies. The way Pedro's boys at Hillwood handled it was pretty bad. They dropped the hammer on bar at spring fling by way of that glorified messenger boy, Monty Wilson. Bad thing about that for Hillwood, all of the tssaa henchmen were there. Barr made a beeline for Ronnie Carter to tell all. So all you people that think metro will get away with something are wrong. The maid (Barr) just got fired and took all the dirty laundry and threw it out in the street.

So Barr knew of the infractions while he was still the AD. He gets fired at the spring fling, THEN he goes to TSSAA and reports what happened under his watch at Hillwood. Why didn't he do the right thing for all involved and report the infractions as they happened, or better yet stop them before they happened? Isn't that the AD's job?