briarcrest23

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centennial earns first playoff win

JESSICA HOPP

Staff Writer

Behind the combined 247 yards rushing and three touchdowns of Curtis Steele and Phillip Bates, Centennial stunned host Antioch 24-19 for the first playoff victory in the school’s short history.

Of course, there was also the work of kicker Adam Berkowicz and the entire Centennial defense as well — a defense that held Antioch star running back LaMarcus Coker to just 30 yards in a tight 5A first-round matchup. ~

If he is so good why didn't Antioch go to him more against Centennial!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

This has been gone over a half dozen times down the board!

He is rated by two recruiting services as the #2 Running back in the country behind (5'10, 220) Jonathan Stewart of Olympia, WA. He has also been rated as the #1 back in the South by Unapproved Website!

He has already commited to Tennessee but where he signs with them in February or not he will still be going to a big time Div. 1 college team!

So yes he is that good! thumb

[ If he is so good why didn't Antioch go to him more against Centennial!

Why must everybody keep doubting Coker. Centennial came in with one he## of a gameplan and virtually shut down Antioch. It wasn't just Coker that had a bad game. TB Preston Brown could not find any room either, and the Antioch D did not play their best game (fine time for that to happen). Don't judge a player because of 1 bad game. He is UT material, and don't try to jump on the bandwagon when he is up for the Heisman Trophy. Good luck to the Bears this season, and prove all doubters wrong.

This has been gone over a half dozen times down the board!

He is rated by two recruiting services as the #2 Running back in the country behind (5'10, 220) Jonathan Stewart of Olympia, WA.  He has also been rated as the #1 back in the South by Unapproved Website!

He has already commited to Tennessee but where he signs with them in February or not he will still be going to a big time Div. 1 college team!

So yes he is that good! thumb

Recruiting services aren't the final authority. Sometimes they're just like me -- they don't know squat, they just act like they do. :D

Coaches are the ones who know what they're doing. If Phil Fulmer is interested in him, as are most other SEC schools, I can buy the fact that he's a pretty good running back. But I'd rather trust Phil than any number of recruiting websites.

I still go to Rivals and ESPN Recruiting, though...it's fun to at least get a general idea of a player's ability.

Edited by WesVols

By no means am I trying to say anything bad about Coker but I do remember when Gerald Riggs was a senior and Tennessee was wanting him EVERYONE was hype about Riggs and from what i hear Coker is the #2 rated RB in the Country and if this is true then why isnt everyone pumped that Coker is going to UT, I mean your not the #2 rated RB in the Nation for nothing.

Recruiting services know more than a lot of people. They give a good general idea of who the elite players in the nation are. However, when you narrow all high school backs down to the top 25, the ranking in that 25 could be 'give or take' 25. When you go from such a large amount of players down to the top 25 or however many, each of those players are the elite athletes. So, looking at it that way, LaMarcus Coker could easily be argued as the best in the nation, but not everyone is going to agree. What can't be argued is that he is an excellent athlete and will be going to pretty much any school he wants to for free.