New Stewart Co. coach

sunami

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second ELA's take on the Stewart and Houston County areas.  They are both great places to live and raise families.  HCHS, like Stewart County, has had to fill several positions at the high school.  Not sure what it will or has done to coaching changes.  The kids start back here next Monday, so I guess they'll find out then.  Good luck ELA on your season and welcome to this part of the country!!

825297887[/snapback]

Thanks! I hope we can have a good (CLEAN) rivalry between our two schools. I know in the past it has been THE GAME both schools wanted to win and I hope that we can continue the positive traditions between the two schools. Now that we have a new stadium maybe we can build a better program and make some improvements like Houston County did last season! Good luck on all of your games except week NINE. B)

ELA, 

I'd like to wish you and your family the very best there. Now get them to build you a practice field and crank it up. You are probably right about more and more soldier's families.

825297817[/snapback]

38320... We really do need a practice field but there is no land immediately available near the new high school so I guess we will continue to practice on the game field. We may be one of the only schools in the state without a practice field but at least they have spend a lot of money building a new field house and football stadium and I must say it is nice!

Again... this part of the state is very nice and I think there will be some positive days ahead for this program's athletic teams. As more families move into the county, things will improve as we get more athletes in the school system.

Tuesday August 17th. I think it is at 6PM but I'm not sure?

ELA,

If that scrimmage is to be played at Independence, I hope the field is ready by then. As of right now, the construction of the school seems to be running behind schedule. As of early this week, the track had not been laid down yet. The actual football field was done. The AD was told no practice or games on the field until the track is completed.

Best wishes at Stewart Co. It will be interesting to see two passing offenses going at each other in that scrimmage. Hope to see a lot of scoring and good football played.

B)

Houston County has added 3 new coaches to the staff. A new Db/Wr coach that is fresh out of playing college football( including a state football champonship at s. pitt. ) A new DL/OL coach that was an divsion 3 all-american at lambuth university. A 2nd year teacher who helps with the OL/DL,but mainly helps in the wieght room. Houston county only lost last years DB/Wr coach.

• 2 weeks later...
ELA,

I went by Stewart County's field a few days ago.  Your facilities look very nice.  They were even working on the goal posts.

825309151[/snapback]

The field house will not be ready for Friday night but almost everything else is in place. The field has some rough places near the West side endzone (I know it's supposed to be North/South, but they didn't have enough room in front of the school for that to work out). Also, the home sidelines have some rough spots but that should all be worked out by the second home game. Hopefully, we will be in the new field house by then! :D

There is always optimism with new coaches. Now SCHS has a new field and a new school. People are excited in Stewart Co.

I hope if/when the team loses a game, people won't say same ole Rebs.

Coach Tabor worked hard and was a good guy. Now with these new coaches (there are three new guys on the staff and one returning guy) are creating enthusism.

Look at Houston Co. in a 31-6 win over Waverly. Wow. If the coaches can keep the players they have and add a good crop of freshmen each year and stop having to play those private schools out of Nashville, the team can hopefully pull it all together.