Lamon Williams....

DBIndian99

Word is that he is going to be back with the Tribe, granted he meets some conditions set forth by Coach Clark. Which is a good thing for him because one or two stupid mistakes should not screw this kids future up. Coach will probably take some grief on this, but I believe this is a good thing for Lamon. It doesn't matter if he's the best or the worst player on the team, if he keeps his nose clean, he should be allowed back. Hopefully, the players would want him back (since he bailed on them playoff time). I'm sure my Coach will do the right thing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may not know everything,but what I do know is this,if a player walks out on his team he's done.This is nothing new,things like this has happened before,and the player is NEVER allowed back(This isn`t "Remember the Titans") If I were a DB football player I would be ticked,Lamon's actions may have cost them the playoff game against O.R.I understand that DB people want to keep this "In House" and you should,but you shouldn`t expect people from the outside not to express their opinions.Until someone comes out and explains what happened,people will continue to talk about it.

You still don't know the situation and to those of us who do know, you sound uninformed. Don't speak of things that you do not know. Clark is a good man. The public is not entitled to know everything about a minor and gossip is for church ladies. You are just going to have to trust that if he is back he deserves a second chance and if you think otherwise, than you are knocking DB and their coaches. Leave it at that and respect it.

There has been no anouncement from anyone on the DB coaching staff that Lamon Williams will or will not be playing. So everybody just chill!

Lamon Williams not playing against Oak Ridge last year had nothing to do with the loss, as he does not play defense. I remember Oak Ridge scoring 35 points, most of that in the forth quarter. I also remember Duran Ferguson having a very good night throwing to Walker Throp and the rest of the DB receivers. DB will have a very good team this year with or without Williams. If he's lucky, he'll be a part of it.

WaCo B) JaCo

u thumb

Edited by WaCoJaCo

WaCo,

I agree with you on the O.R. game, one little correction - Walker 's last name doesn't have a u (Throp)...but, thanks for the thought, he did have 92 or so yards receiving in that game & Tritapoe had over 80...the missing person was not a difference in the game...he wasn't there

Roll Tribe Roll

It is obvious that no one knows 100% for sure that Lamon is or is not on the team at this point. What I do know (for the outsiders who think he will waltz back in and play with teammates who dislike him) is that coach Clark will let every player on that team -- definitely his senior class -- vote as to whether they want him back on the team or not. I've seen it happen before. Like someone correctly stated before, Lamon needs the team more than the team needs Lamon.