CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for tradition and winning brentwood ( i believe ) has never lost to centennial. Will Centennial be able to beat brentwood this year? had a chance last year too bad. brentwood has the strongest team this year then it has had in a while, also speed. they got lots of it. just cant wait for the "Friday Night Lights," to Fire up and let the talking played out on "The Field." thumb

I know Sportsguy won't like it, but I still contend that coaching is the key to Centennial. Bates was a great player, his sophomore year he almost beat FHS single-handedly. Junior and Senior year he was not a factor because they took the ball out of his hands(Arghhhh). To me that is bad coaching.

Predictibility! FHS went 5-5 for years under Alvin Palmer because our offense was so plain and predictible. Centennial is the same way!

If you have the horses and great lineman with great technique like a Dickson Co team you can play smashmouth football against most teams and win, but when those teams put 8 (fast players) in the box you better be able to adapt and IMO Centennial lacks that ability.

They have the most experienced players coming back and have been building steadily, but do they have the coaching edge to put them over the top? We'll see!

Big questions to have answered as we kick off 6-5A. . .

One that is intriguing is that with the coaching turnover in this region, who makes a move up to challenge for a playoff spot?  Reminds me a lot of the SEC East and Vanderbilt's situation- you can be tremendously improved, but who can you knock off to show it?

Big logjam at the top as 3 teams shared the region crown last year.  Each of the top teams lost key personnel, teams below them have new coaches as well as one of the champions. Each team has critical questions to answer.

What questions face your team?  Be objective.  What's the key for your team to get into the playoffs?

This year should prove exciting!

825289444[/snapback]

I think FanintheStands touched on alot of what I would say about FHS. The one HUGE questionmark that I have is the DBs. Brad Christiansan was All-State his senior year and was better his junior year than he was his senior year. With the exception of a missed tackle on a screen play that BHS ran for an 85 yd TD, I have a hard time remembering any other times he "got burned on a missed tackle" That's not easy to say about most safties! Sure they blow a coverage, but the real key is to be a rock solid / never miss tackler in the open field. I'm not real sure who that is for FHS right now. I think that could be a huge chink in the armor.

To me it is that one aspect, keeping a gain to 6 yards as opposed to 26 or more that will swing games for FHS.

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Good point BDD. Who can replace Brad? Tough quesiton. I'm sure there will be somebody to step up and do the job.

825294225[/snapback]

Right now it is Mac Hibbett and he's doing quite a good job. He has a chance at starting QB also. Hibbett fills the wholes and is very quick, while also he can lay the wood. So hopefully, that spot will be filled.