Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

Guest region4fan

I can't wait Hoolie, but then the season will be drawing to a close by then, and I don't want to hasten to it now.

OHS hasn't beaten RHS since 2000. That last time was a bunch of young folk that everyone said didn't have a chance.........so..........deja vu??

Guest region4fan

I am no different than you.......I have faith in my boys. Don't you think Siegel can beat them too?? :D

We gave them a game last yr and the yr before. The difference is OHS is not intimidated by them. Now that we have a two dimensional offense...........we have a much better chance. You will see....never count out my boys. B)

BTW.......I don't smoke at all. thumb

you should try it region. thats how i get all my picks for the week--a little opium and then mickey mouse and the telletubbies all come over to my room and tell me who's gonna win. :D

i think that every team on riverdale's schedule has the chance to beat them; after all, they're only human. however, i believe that riverdale is the most well coached team and the most disciplined team in their region and in the state this year. and that's where the difference lies. but you're right region, the 2000 loss was not expected, but it happened. should be a great game.

Dang, there are too many H.S.'s in Rutherford Co. I started MTSU in 1980 and got a masters finishing in 1986. The ONLY high schools were Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna and Lavergne and a K-12 at Eagleville that was never mentioned (my favorite btw as K-12 Single A is the best.) Now you guys are fussing about rivalries and non-existent rivalries, or rivalries that should have been, or have died. Man, TSSAA needs to make Rutherford Co. their own region.

i wouldn't say that the riverdale-lincoln county rivalry is the best now.  if you want a bad blood rivalry, the riverdale-blackman game is tops in this area.  these two teams hate each other with a passion.  the riverdale-oakland game is still huge, but its more of a mutual respect rivalry than a hatred rivalry.

825290620[/snapback]

Rivalry? yes but I wouldn't say Riverdale-Blackman is too much of a "hate" rivalry. Now that there are 6 major schools in Rutherford County, it's Riverdale-Oakland, Smyrna-LaVergne, & Siegel-Blackman. The Siegel-Blackman rivalry is getting BIG now...those schools absolutely hate each other. Check out the trash talk from last week's game.

and after what happened at the Smyrna-Riverdale game last week, that could cause some major rivalry in the future.

Edited by IntheStands