Chattcity poll:

1. Rhea County

2. Hixson

3. Cleveland

4. Central

5. East Ridge

6. Red Bank

7. Brainerd

1. Rhea County >>> Coach Tim Hammontree will make a big difference....if Rhea can get through their first three games(Jefferson County,Hendersonville and Soddy Daisy) in good shape they should do well in the region.

2. Central >>> Should have a great defense led by Hayes.....will challenge for the region if offense comes around.

3. Hixson >>> Wildcats werent bad last year.....like Rhea tough early schedule.....may surprise everybody.

4. Cleveland >>> Lost too much to graduation and had three to transfer this summer.....but they are still Cleveland and they still have athletes.

5. Red Bank >>> Should be better in year three under Tim Daniels....great one two punch in QB Jacob Fabry and receiver Quintin Brown....must find a tailback.

6. Brainerd >>> more size up front which will help Daniel Smiley be the playmaker the Panthers need to compete in the region.

7. East Ridge >>> Probably last year in Region 4-4A....Anthony Anderson was to East Ridge what Levonte Barber was to Cleveland and Anderson wasnt the only athlete that the Pioneers lost.

I really dont think Rhea's season depends on their first 3 games because they are all nonregion games..Hixson lost their first 5 games last year but were minutes away from being second in the region..They lost to Central in week 9 after being up big early and collapsing late..In highschool football ive learned all that matters is that region..And rumor has it Jacob Fabry wont be playing football for Red Bank this year..Anyone know any truth to this?

I really dont think Rhea's season depends on their first 3 games because they are all nonregion games..Hixson lost their first 5 games last year but were minutes away from being second in the region..They lost to Central in week 9 after being up big early and collapsing late..In highschool football ive learned all that matters is that region..And rumor has it Jacob Fabry wont be playing football for Red Bank this year..Anyone know any truth to this?

825292770[/snapback]

Fabry will not play football this season according to several players on Red Banks team...will concentrate on Baseball. i also think Cleveland will definatly be down do to losing levonte barber and the three players transfering to the military school in Atlanta. I think Hixson could be the surprise team in the region with Central and Rhea County right their with them.

Very true Russ098. In this region, usually the teams with the best leadership are the teams competing for region champs. Brainerd is always a talented team, but without leadership I find it hard to imagine them in second place. I think Central and Rhea County have some of the best leadership in the region though. Talent means nothing without someone leading the talent.

Edited by BenHasRisen