Best Coach Ever

GCPioneer

My opinion of the best coach is none other than Randy (by gahd) Carroll from Gibbs High School.  26 seasons and counting!! :D

825309957[/snapback]

You are absolutely right!!!! Randy Carroll is an outstanding coach.....for the opposing team! Tonight versus Rutledge, the boys battled back to score a touchdown with 1 minute remaining that would surely have sent the game into overtime. But relying on his superior coaching skills ( and the losing record of his), he went for two (instead of kicking the obvious pat to tie) and lost the game 21 to 20 to Rutledge!!!! Great job Mr. Carroll, giving yet another hard fought game away due to your magnificent coaching tactics. So, the answer is YES, Randy Carroll is one of the greatest coaches of all time......for the opposing team!!!!! Also, this is just a reminiscent of many other tremendous coaching tactics that have blown numerous games. I especially remember a fake punt at Carter a couple years ago on Gibbs opening drive that backfired and lost a game. Congratulations Coach! Job well done for the opposing team!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Quarles from Maryville, he got off to a shaky start, but led the team to 3 back to back state titles, no doubt he is the best in east TN, maybe in the whole state.  He is also a very nice guy, and he always seems to have a smile on his face in the halls.

825316785[/snapback]

His run thus far has been nothing short of amazing :D Outside of Quarles, I would have to say Teddy Wilson and Benny Monroe :D

you are right it does look like Weathers bashing to me. This is opinion based. No fact or "stat" will change your mind or his. Give it a rest.

825316532[/snapback]

Opinions are based on facts for the most part and how someone looks at those facts. I'm just wanting to know why the poster thinks Weathers "forgot more than any of those other coaches (Rankin, Monroe, Colquette, etc) ever knew, why Colquette or Fritts couldn't hold his jockstrap. And once again I'm talking about on the field wins and losses, mostly in the playoffs where coaches are measured, not about anything off the field. Never would have responded if he had backed up his opinion at the start when he insulted every other coach, then I was told I was on crack, for thinking wins and losses should be the measures I suppose. That's it for me on this thread.

Opinions are based on facts for the most part and how someone looks at those facts. I'm just wanting to know why the poster thinks Weathers "forgot more than any of those other coaches (Rankin, Monroe, Colquette, etc) ever knew,  why Colquette or Fritts couldn't hold his jockstrap. And once again I'm talking about on the field wins and losses, mostly in the playoffs where coaches are measured, not about anything off the field. Never would have responded if he had backed up his opinion at the start when he insulted every other coach, then I was told I was on crack, for thinking wins and losses should be the measures I suppose. That's it for me on this thread.

825316814[/snapback]

Thank God, because your an Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i remember correctly, colquestte from marion countyalways took care of business in head-to-head combat against flatt, so colquette gets the nod here; also don grider from south pittsburgh; and don'r gorget that old guy in hat and overcoat from south pittsburg(beene). but what about walter (moose) bouldin from franklin county? if we go back before integration, we'd have to talk about the legendary ld carden from manchester. didn't he rule back then?

Obviously, most of us would name coaches that coached and impacted our lives; I am no different.

The two best in my opinion come from my times on the local football fields: they are Tommy Owen and Calvin Short. Owen did more with less than anyone that I know of. Short always fielded a well coached and disciplined team. In addition Short usually had solid talent as well.

What Owen brought to the field was lessons in life. Sure, he loved to win as much as anyone, but he also loved to teach young men about life in order to prepare them for the days when football would be over. Owen understood that life is the greatest game you can play and that football serves as the best scrimmage game a young man can have.

FlyBy

Thank God, because your an Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825318822[/snapback]

Had to come back one more time and say you really convinced with that. Great job stating the facts and letting everyone know why he's the best and everyone else doesn't know half as much. If you could just explain how Colquette couldn't hold his jock strap, I'd be totally convinced.

Edited by Indian