Harriman: Does the pain finally end

xxxsessive

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bleachers kinda upset me off. They waited till the school system was part of Roane Co. before deeming them unsafe. Now Roane Co. has to foot the bill instead of the city. Oh well. Anyways - to the point.

I do see Harriman winning at least 1 game this year. To who, I have no idea. But the fun has been had at making fun of the "ugly blue team" and now it is getting quite sad. I hope they win some. Maybe someone will overlook them as a team and the Devils will beat em... Who knows?

the bleachers are supposed to be done by now...i dont think it will help them that much though...they might beat union co. or coalfield...but i think 3 or 4 games is a little much right now...they have a lot of young guys from the state championship middle school team and they might be competitive in the years to come...this year should be a building yr

the bleachers are supposed to be done by now...i dont think it will help them that much though...they might beat union co. or coalfield...but i think 3 or 4 games is a little much right now...they have a lot of young guys from the state championship middle school team and they might be competitive in the years to come...this year should be a building yr

825294130[/snapback]

There has been to many Building Years for Harriman. And no building was done during those years. Harriman had players of the middle school championship team come through a couple years ago, and I don't think those kids have seen a win in High School.

There has been to many Building Years for Harriman. And no building was done during those years. Harriman had players of the middle school championship team come through a couple years ago, and I don't think those kids have seen a win in High School.

i really agree that there has been too many building years...and i do think that the championship players are still there and they have to potential to be a solid team in a couple of yrs...they just need to get the freshmen and sophomores from last yr and work hard and they might have a good team...but just not this yr

Speed is Harriman's No. 1 advantage in middle school although Baron is a great coach. In high school, they haven't had the play up front to go with their skill positions and that's been the difference. Like Gibson said, there's just not a lot of size. I think their linemen play hard, but they are smaller and when the team has less than 30 players, they wear down. I think Harriman will be better this season because they're stronger as a team and I think they have good senior leadership. I also think they could win four or five games and possibly make the playoffs if they get off to a good start and the line holds up. They have playmakers. Goins is a very good receiver while Hall, Chatman and Ivy are good backs. Jason Eble can be a good quarterback if given time to throw. If Harriman beats Sequoyah or plays them close then they will have a good season. However, if the Chiefs line up and run over them then it will be another long season. I've said it plenty of times that Harriman's fate will be decided in the trenches.

Edited by goosevol

Harriman has never really been that big on the line, even when I played many many moons ago. However what they did have on the line that I see missing now is strength, mobility and technique. Some of the linemen in the past were as quick as a decent back and even though they only weighed 200-240 they were physically as strong as the much bigger players. They really need to find a good person to help them with strength and conditioning. As for numbers if they ever start winning again the players will come as there are plenty of kids in that school that can play ball. Oh yeah and DITCH THE WING T!!!!!