The Few The Proud

DelTavian

Grundy is down to 34 as of Monday. They're hoping Thursday's freshmen orientation and Monday's start of school will boost numbers.

I'm curious. Would all of the 3A schools post how many players you have out right now. I want to know if this is a Grundy problem or a problem all over.

Del.

Del, Marion had the same problem last year. I think at one point it was down to 17? I may be wrong, but I think it's the attitude of the kids nowadays. I know one year at Marion during the 80's Coach Colquitt had around 80+ kids. I can't understand why a kid wouldn't want to play under a coach like him. Man knows how to win.

Del, you probably dont know who this is but after what i am about to say you should know. Grundy doesnt have very many kids out but Del and i had a little talk at the QB Club cookout and I will tell you know Grundy is really coming together as a team with the few that they have. our team lost a lot of players but with them left a lot of political problems. I really hope Grundy will suprised some people they definantly have the heart and the talent to do it.................(just need some depth)

I remember sitting in numerous meetings with the Great KC and  him promising that the particpant numbers at Grundy would go up with HIS regime and that they would go further in the playoffs.  Hmmm  maybe that old KC magic isnt what it use to be!!!

825297390[/snapback]

Please, times change, but I guarantee KC hasn't lost anything. Kids change, parents change, but I guarantee he's still one of the best in the state.

Del, you probably dont know who this is    but after what i am about to say you should know.    Grundy doesnt have very many kids out      but Del and i had a little talk at the QB Club cookout and I will tell you know  Grundy is really coming together as a team with the few that they have.  our team lost a lot of players  but with them left a lot of political problems.  I really hope Grundy will suprised some people  they definantly have the heart and the talent to do it.................(just need some depth)

825297456[/snapback]

I do know who and you're right my friend. With the "problems" gone those few and proud look to be together. They look to be a band of brothers. If that is the case those few can do more than many think. I have great faith in the talent we have this year.

BUT, we still need to build the numbers up to ensure the future is bright. And the responsibility for building those numbers up falls on the coaching staff first. The team and community can also make a difference but the coaches must find a way to turn this around.

Del

I remember sitting in numerous meetings with the Great KC and  him promising that the particpant numbers at Grundy would go up with HIS regime and that they would go further in the playoffs.  Hmmm  maybe that old KC magic isnt what it use to be!!!

825297390[/snapback]

But how do you really feel?

Del.