HTV or GWAVE1

wavemachine

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read htv's comment about how good Powell looked, I asked my hub why didn't his team go to a camp and work with other schools. He told me he thought all teams involved were in violation of the 3 days of padded practice before they could scrimmage against other schools. Now he didn't know if you could have a 7 vs 7 workout (like a passing scrimmage) or an inside drill, he thought the rule was just against a full team scrimmage until 3 DAYS of padded practices were complete.

Can someone more knowledgeable verify what the exact rule is?

:lol::blink::blink:

When I read htv's comment about how good Powell looked, I asked my hub why didn't his team go to a camp and work with other schools.  He told me he thought all teams involved were in violation of the 3 days of padded practice before they could scrimmage against other schools.  Now he didn't know if you could have a 7 vs 7 workout (like a passing scrimmage) or an inside drill, he thought the rule was just against a full team scrimmage until 3 DAYS of padded practices were complete.

Can someone more knowledgeable verify what the exact rule is?

:blink:  :blink:  :lol:

825298034[/snapback]

I've asked the TSSAA for that. Who knows if they will ever get it to me, but I wanted to give them the opportunity to explain before I write a column ripping their guts out. :D

I really doubt that Baylor had anything to do with any alleged reporting of wrongdoing. Despite their rivalry, there is a lot of respect between those schools.

825298046[/snapback]

Not according to folks here at McCallie this week. The Blue Tornados that I spoke with believe that their cross river rivals were directly invloved.

htv,

Anxiously awaiting your column that rips out the TSSAA's guts. The hub just heard from one of his coaching bud's that Powell, Gallatin, McCallie and Sevier Co. all were in violation of the no-scrimmage rule.

No matter what anyone says, the rule states that you can't scrimmage until you have been in pads for THREE DAYS. This means you couldn't scrimmage until TODAY!!!

You get Huber, you get both Smith's, you get BUSTED, BUSTER.

:D:blink::lol:

htv,

Anxiously awaiting your column that rips out the TSSAA's guts.  The hub just heard from one of his coaching bud's that Powell, Gallatin, McCallie and Sevier Co. all were in violation of the no-scrimmage rule. 

No matter what anyone says, the rule states that you can't scrimmage until you have been in pads for THREE DAYS.  This means you couldn't scrimmage until TODAY!!!

You get Huber, you get both Smith's, you get BUSTED, BUSTER.

B)  B)  :D

825298471[/snapback]

So, does that mean you won't be reading my work? I'm crushed.

The rule is vague. From what folks have been able to gather over the last few days, there were a large number of schools who were in violation of the rule, yet only the 4 schools at the McCallie camp were squashed. One school in our own region has been in pads for two weeks now - a clear violation. Another school in the area went in pads for 20 days in the spring, in clear violation of TSSAA rules, yet the TSSAA refused to sanction them.

The problem I have with the TSSAA is the way they leave many of their rules open to interpretation and the arbitrarial enforcement of the rules.

Get over the Huber/Smith's thing. It's a non-issue. They moved into the Powell zone.

HTV:

Who was in pads 20 days during the spring?

Who has been in pads for 2 weeks?

Would it be a team wearing red and black?

If you can validate you claims report those schools to the TSSAA.

No knock on Powell but if there is a question about a rule or if it is unclear the TSSAA is only a phone call away. To many coaches are breaking the rules, pleading ignorance when they are caught, and asking for forgiveness.

I will agree the T$$AA isn't worrth much when it comes to inforceing the rules and they pick and choose the programs they regulate. But come on if there is any doubt in a coaches mind he needs to get clairification from the "boss".

htv,

Go to the TSSAA website and click on the handbook. Scroll down to page 28-29. How can those printed words, "each school must practice three (3) days from the first eligible date?"

You better get over the fact that Powell scrimmaged illegally before Thursday, August 5th. I'll bet my last batch of grits your AD is not to happy with this situation. I don't know the man personally, but from all of the comments from others, he is first class, straight down the line, HONEST as the day is long. Bet when he found out he called/faxed/wrote a letter to the TSSAA and reported his football team's ignorance of the rule and its violation of the rule.

This rule has not just been put into effect on July 1st, it has been this way since they changed from 5 days of practice to three - has it not? If that is the case then this is the 3rd or 4th year of that particular rule.

You are right about one thing, the Huber/Smith's situation is a non-issue. BUT WHEN YOU ADD ALL OF THIS TOGETHER -- wonder what other rules phs has broken?

Take off the rose colored glasses.

:DB)B)