maryville vs. oak ridge scrimmage

mreb33101

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to UNC and being able to compete at UNC are 2 different things entirely. Josh Carrier plays basketball for the University of Kentucky, but the only people that know his name are Kentucky fans, more than likely, why? He doesn't have the overall talent to play a lot of minutes for such a top tier program. UNC isn't top tier, but the talent they have may just be above the talent level of Cade. Not saying that he won't get it done or that he can't because I really don't know. I do know that Cade has a lot of poise but as far as arm strength, I am not sure, running is somewhat weak.

Wow. Well, that's a surprise to me.

If Cade goes to UNC, he's going to have more difficulty starting there than most other D1 prospects at quarterback will. I mean, if Toki McCray can't make it at North Carolina State... or even Eastern Kentucky for that matter, Cade is going to have a tougher time, because his arm isn't as strong, nor are his feet as quick, and his accuracy is questionable at times.

And I have seen all his games except one or two.

HOWEVER, he is usually very reliable and smart. He could be a Tom Brady type quarterback that just comes out of nowhere. But to think that, you would have to be highly optimistic of his talents.

IMO, his best year was his sophomore year. He hasn't shown much improvement since then. Still, sharing time with another quarterback probably did throw his throwing rhythm off last year, and for a couple of these games, he was sick.

So I guess we should all just wait and see what he does this year.

(P.S. to these who's seen him up close recently, has he put on any weight since last year?)

A quarterback from Maryville High once went to North Carolina State. He didn't make it because he wasn't Philip Rivers. (Even now, he's having a tough time at Eastern Kentucky.)

And I will say this right now, Cade Thompson is NOT Philip Rivers, either. Sure, he's going to a top program, but I definitely think they're taking a big risk with him.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I like Cade quite well, he's a good kid and a fair athlete, and I think he will do a great job for the Rebels this year. But unless he shows tremendous improvement this year, he's not genuine D1 material ...yet.

If he does succeed at that level, then he's one of the best successful sleepers from MHS I ever saw.

But we're all kinda getting ahead of ourselves here - let's focus on the upcoming season. ;)

I'm having a tough time understanding the bashing going on here. All of a sudden we have a few experts coming out of the woodwork. Instead of being happy and complementing a kid on a great honor you want to berate and condemn. I realize that one of the posters on here is jealous but I'm having a tough time understanding the others. Obviously the college scouts are seeing something that all of you experts are not because NC was not the only D-1 scholarship Cade has been offered.

Why not rejoice because a kid has an opportunity to continue his career and education at an outstanding institution instead of bashing berating him.

Just a thought

Edited by MLREB

I agree with both of you guys. Personally, I thought Cade played pretty well during the scrimmage. He made some good downfield throws, did a nice check-off at the line for a good catch and run. I just think you are seeing a very good QB getting used to a new crop of recievers that he hasn't had to rely on come game time. That will come in time. Probably by the 1st game of the season.

I think Maryville will be just fine come the start of the season. You do need to get your RBs healed up though. Congrats to Cade for signing with NC and I wish him the best for his career.

this thread has made me sick ! some of you so called Maryville fans need to get a clue . i can't believe that several of you have decided to personally attack a Maryville Rebel who has given his heart and soul for this team !! i know some of you might be young kids and just don't know any better , but for you adults out there , we don't do that crap here at MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL !!! WE STAND BEHIND ALL OF OUR BOYS !! Cade Thompson has one loss in two seasons you clowns !! he stepped in 2 years ago as a sophmore and helped guide that team to a state championship , while most of the guys on this team were sitting on the bench watching ! it's bad enough we have so many Maryville haters on here without our own fans bashing our players . you guys can go ahead and keep picking on him if you want but apparently you guys just don't realize how stupid and classless you look bashing one of your own that has bled REBEL RED at the big dance !! i would ask some of you guys that have Maryville or Rebels in your name to please change your name if your gonna be a hater on one of our boys !! you don't deserve to wear that name if your gonna act like a billy goat and be a Maryville hater !! i wonder just how many games some of you guys won while you were wearing the Rebel uniform . Football is a team sport , i guess it's all Cade's fault that the team played with no fire , and that there was bickering going on with the coaches !! shoot , why stop there guys , let's just blame the high gas prices on Cade too while we're at it !! i'm happy for any MARYVILLE REBEL who gives it their best ! some of my favorite players over the years were some of the smaller guys who didn't have a whole lot of talent , but had a lot of heart , example : Winkler . for some of you guys to bash one of our boys who's tried his heart out tells me it's personal , and maybe a little jealousy also . please guys , let's act like we know about winning , i'm sure picking on and bashing one of our players has to help his confidence a whole bunch , so an adult doing this surely doesn't have the best interest of the MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM , when they do this . come on guys , lets be the same kind of championship type of fans that we're expecting this football team to be !!!!