CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood Academy will win the title this year. While Jeff Rutledge is a sensational coach, injuries and a lack of depth will place his team in an unfamiliar position -- second place behind the Eagles.

Ralph Potter will always have the Tornado Wing-T swirling through opposing defenses, and should lead his squad into a fight with Christian Brothers and MUS for the Super Seven semifinals. McCallie and CBHS must overcome huge losses, while the Owls' experience will overcome their lack of overwhelming talent (though J.D. Lawhorn is a playmaker).

Baylor and Father Ryan face the unenviable task of squaring off against Tennessee's biggest guns with nothing more than a slingshot and a couple stones in their arsenals. Don't be fooled by their deficiencies, however; both squads are well-coached and more than capable of upsetting the bigger powers in the division. Cortney Braswell is a special back, and must carry the Red Raiders on HIS back if Signal Mountain's finest wish to contend; meanwhile, Father Ryan will be better than in past campaigns, but may still be a ways away from fielding a strong team.

I can't wait to see how things develop in the Super Seven. It will be great fun indeed.

Although it looks like you'd be right about MBA's depth at first glance....the same could have been said in '02. Maybe it is a stretch, but I wouldn't count either MBA or BA out. MUS will have a good season, we'll have to wait and see how much they've improved, though.

825301883[/snapback]

I agree. "ON PAPER", no way MBA should have won that year, but football is won on the field. That's why they are scary every year.

Hey Wes

When are you coming out with team previews on the website?

825301851[/snapback]

As soon as I can. This week is crazy for me since I'm getting my wisdom teeth out, moving into the dorms, and working out what I'll be doing this fall in addition to a tough courseload. I'll definitely try to have the previews done before the season starts.

I think the league will be better balanced this year, with closer games overall.  A lot depends on injuries and how younger players develop.  BA has the most returning, and should be the favorite.

You are wrong. BA has no returningn offensive linemen. we have all new recievers, and a new kicking game that is sure to tear up teh rest of the division. We haev new backs and a not-so-new QB.