Prayers Highly Needed

bhsOL

Hey everybody, here's some great news. Yesterday the McDaniels got a phone call from Bonnie, Jacqui's dance instructor, I think. She told the family to get the house cleaned, have everyone in the family (and Dave) home, and to look presentable because they were going to be getting a suprise visit later in the day. A little while later a black limo with one of the green Jacqui ribbons on the back of it pulled into their driveway and out came Good Morning America's Diane Sawyer. She was there to interview Jacqui and she got to be on Good Morning America today in Nashville. The cool thing is that they were going to get to be at the Shania Twain concerts that was held in the city streets. Jacqui and her mom were going to get to sing with her too.

I don't know the whole story about how this happened, but from what I understand is one the the show's producers just happened to see one of the green Jacqui ribbons on the back of a car and tried to find out what it was for. From what I understand, He found Jacqui's website, loved her story, and wanted her on the show. Some of this info. may be just a little off, but to the best of my knowledge, this is how it came about.

Congradulations Jacqui. You've already touched the lives of thousands of people; now I'm sure you'll touch the lives of millions around the nation. God Bless You.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's everybody at? There really hasn't been much change but Jacqui is still continuing to progress. She is starting to try to get back in a normal routine. She went on her first official date with her Dave since the accident; Megan was there too in case if she needed help.

I hadn't heard anything about all of this until today, but it's amazing how god works! it's great to hear that she is doing better! and congrats to her on winning homecoming queen. that's great! we, in lenoir city, will continue praying for her recovery. It's amazing to see how...no matter where you're from and who you're for, when something like this happens, we can all come together. god bless!

I hadn't heard anything about all of this until today, but it's amazing how god works! it's great to hear that she is doing better! and congrats to her on winning homecoming queen. that's great! we, in lenoir city, will continue praying for her recovery. It's amazing to see how...no matter where you're from and who you're for, when something like this happens, we can all come together. god bless!

825432281[/snapback]

Amen. It's nice to know that we have brothers and sisters in the Lord that are accountable for each other, even if they don't know each other.

Amen.  It's nice to know that we have brothers and sisters in the Lord that are accountable for each other, even if they don't know each other.

825434380[/snapback]

I have to apologize, also. I didn't see this thread until last night. bhsOL, you're right, it is good to know there are people out there that know the Lord and know the worth of prayer! Too bad most of us don't show it outwardly as much as we should! I include myself at the top of that list! One thing you will learn is that you start to understand that more as you grow up and mature. You know that I'm not a fan of R'dale, and I can bash them as well as anyone else, but things like this bring us right back together and make us realize what the more important things in life are. I and my family will pray for this young lady and for her family. I went on the website they have for her last night, and she is a beautiful person. From all I've read so far from people who know her best is that she is just as beautiful on the inside!

God Bless,

The Steeler Coach

• 2 weeks later...
mustanmamma, Jacquie is continuing to improve, but she still has a hard time walking and is in her wheelchair a lot of the time.  Prayerfully she will have a full recovery.

www.jacquimac.com

825468777[/snapback]

I saw her Dad's comments on her website about her dancing around like a little wild woman at the championship game, and I almost started to cry about it! Although, Riverdale would have, most likely, ended up winning it all this year anyway, I think that she was the inspiration that made them so dominant. I mean, they practically demolished every team they played! She was obviously the inspiration for Dave's play this season! I will continue to pray for her full recovery. She seems to be bound and determined to do it!

On another note, bhsOL, could you find out something for me? I had read on her site earlier that her Dad had played for the Dolphins and that his name is Don. The question I have is did he ever live in Cookeville? I had a coach on the speed team (roller skating I did in the off-season) who's name was also Don and he too was a former Dolphin. Although it's been over 20 years, the picture of him on the site looks incredibly like my former coach. He wasn't married to Jacquie's Mom at the time though. If you could find out, I would greatly appreciate it. I know Don (my coach) left Cookeville around '83 but I don't know where he moved to. I could have tried to send an email to her site about this, but I didn't feel it was aprropreate.