Shame on Milan High School

VolunteerGeneral

Yeah it is almost a moot point now, guess JCM could've found someone else that would've played them at their place.

I wonder why Northside didn't want the game at The Reservation, they let Liberty play at The Reservation until Liberty's field was done, although one of those game was against Northside but Liberty got the gate and concessions.

Is JCM's band not getting concessions this year? I know they are getting gate.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

westtn2004state.....yes we did agree to the deal. We had rather play than not play.And we WILL follow through on the contract.

My point is that it was low down for Milan to even suggest not coming to Rothrock. That idea came from Milan and Milan alone. It is sad that a school would do that to another. Everyone knows how important home games are to bring in money for a school. Milan knew we were in a bind and took advantage of it. I can`t think of a good reason why they should not do like everyone else does and simply play at home and home like everyone else.

westtn2004state.....yes we did agree to the deal. We had rather play than not play.And we WILL follow through on the contract.

My point is that it was low down for Milan to even suggest not coming to Rothrock. That idea came from Milan and Milan alone. It is sad that a school would do that to another. Everyone knows how important home games are to bring in money for a school. Milan knew we were in a bind and took advantage of it. I can`t think of a good reason why they should not do like everyone else does and simply play at home and home like everyone else.

825303746[/snapback]

VG - If given the choice of a home & home, Milan would have simply found another opponent. Milan admin. has no desire to travel to the Rothrock area. Are we supposed to be upset with our people for keeping us out of a potentially bad and unsafe area. The last time we visited for a jamboree they had a shooting as the crowd was leaving. I know that could happen anywhere but no thanks. I am sorry if you disagree with my view, but I appreciate their efforts. If we had not scheduled JCM we would have found another team to play I feel sure JCM could have also. I know you guys will be proud to get your own field. It will be a great place to visit. I don't know if we will ever be invited back though.

Edited by Bulldog Fan #2

VG - If given the choice of a home & home, Milan would have simply found another opponent. Milan admin. has no desire to travel to the Rothrock area. Are we supposed to be upset with our people for keeping us out of a potentially bad and unsafe area. The last time we visited for a jamboree they had a shooting as the crowd was leaving. I know that could happen anywhere but no thanks. I am sorry if you disagree with my view, but I appreciate their efforts. If we had not scheduled JCM we would have found another team to play I feel sure JCM could have also. I know you guys will be proud to get your own field. It will be a great place to visit. I don't know if we will ever be invited back though.

825303791[/snapback]

You`re right that could happen anywhere. But just so you know, it did NOT happen at Rothrock. That was someone who set off a firework of some sort. I can assure you that playing at JCM is just as safe as playing at Milan. Been to every game at JCM the last two years and have never seen any problems.

I`m going to drop it. The point is moot. Milan still could do the right thing but I doubt they will.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs this year.

You`re right that could happen anywhere. But just so you know, it did NOT happen at Rothrock. That was someone who set off a firework of some sort. I can assure you that playing at JCM is just as safe as playing at Milan. Been to every game at JCM the last two years and have never seen any problems.

I`m going to drop it. The point is moot. Milan still could do the right thing but I doubt they will.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs this year.

825303832[/snapback]

Here's to a good year for JCM and the Dawgs. I can hardly wait till the 27th.

Well, let's get the facts straight here. The Milan/JCM series WAS set up to be a home and home series. Milan DID in fact refuse to honor the contract that was signed. Instead of loosing a game, JCM did agree to Milan's demand that the game be moved to Northside. Now, Northside does not want the game to be played on their field. Apparantly, Milan said the game can be played at Milan and that JCM will get the gate. While I think that Milan should of played the game at "The Rock", I think that this is a fair alternative to have the game at Milan and JCM gets the gate. Although JCM will have travel expenses for a "home game", I would expect that the game will have a bigger gate than it would of had had it been played at "The Rock".

BTW, I was at the jamboree a few years ago that Milan played at in "The Rock". There was no shooting as a previous poster stated. The locker rooms at "The Rock" may not be the best in the world. However, the field has always been in good shape.

Further discussion on this subject is really a moot point. However, I wonder how Milan fans would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and a team scheduled to play up there demanded that the game be moved to another site for some reason?

Is Humboldt playing at home the week Milan and JCM play. What about any other Gibson Co. School? If Milan doesn't want to travel to The Rock and Northside doesn't want the game at their place too bad a non home site wasn't found so Milan wouldn't have the full home field advantage.

I told myself I wouldn't beat this dead horse anymore but just had to add one more bit of $.02 worth.

It's gonna be a game with two good teams playing each other, I hope both teams have a succesful year (well I know one game I want JCM to lose :ph34r: )

I dont see what the problem is...I went to see Union City play JCM at the ROCK last year and didnt have a problem the people were friendly and the atmosphere was great.I also went to see Carver play Milan at Johnnie Hale last year in the playoffs.Same thing as JCM.....There has to be some reason though...It can't be Milan is scared of playing in Jackson.

I dont see what the problem is...I went to see Union City play JCM at the ROCK last year and didnt have a problem the people were friendly and the atmosphere was great.I also went to see Carver play Milan at Johnnie Hale last year in the playoffs.Same thing as JCM.....There has to be some reason though...It can't be Milan is scared of playing in Jackson.

825304434[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words. I just can`t understand why Milan refuses to play there either. I think if enough of their good fans would say something to their administration, they might reconsider.

Looking forward to our trip to Union City Friday. Great campus there.

I don't know anything much about this situation but, I did play at Rothrock twice against Northside back "in the day" and had one scrimmage game against Jackson High Golden Bears------------I said "back in the day"------------ and it was a great experience. Rothrock is surely getting run down some by now but, a lot of other places are too.

As has been said on here it is great that a place with such great history still is being used. I played against a guy named Don McLeary there and he was one of West Tennessee's greats of all time. If you don't know who he is ask around. He eventually was an All-American running back at UT from Northside.

Will hate to see the "Rock" go.

Milan won again. Now you have another reason besides open zoning to dump on Milan. Why don't you just get better - or in this case smarter.

You got outfoxed. It you have a hole in your schedule so late in the season, maybe you ought to look at possible reasons: maybe people don't want to play you.

The Milan staff should be complimented. They are working for the benefit of their program.