Shame on Milan High School

VolunteerGeneral

Several yrs back, Smyrna did its best to keep from playing at Lavergne's home field.Anyone that ever played there will tell you why.....the field has all kinds of holes and bad places in it. It has been  the cause of some major injuries to kids. I am not sure why it is in such terrible shape.....................BTW The coach at SHS lost in his ppeal to play elsewhere that yr. Everyone else has just had to take their chance and hold their breath on every tackle or fall...............

What was the reasoning about Milan's refusal?

825302262[/snapback]

The weird thing about LaVergne's field to me is that they have one of the nicest mowers I've ever seen, it must cost about $20,000. They must have a weak booster organization to allow their field to get so bad. Sand and bermuda sprigs can do miracles!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I had a little fun earlier on this board about the bands and Milan's head honcho, but I have to say that in all seriousness, both "The Rock" and Johnnie Hale Stadium are rich in history and tradition. .... Both have been the home to some great football players, many who went to UT. Both have hosted some great football games. And, both have their urban legends. .... At Milan, in the John Tucker years, the scoreboard clock was infamous for going out at critical points of the game. That's not a complaint or a knock, that's a part of the stadium's lore. .... Stuff like that was even part of professional football in past years: Former Raiders' coach John Madden was accused of flooding his field the day before playing teams with speed. Past KC coach Hank Stram was accused of bugging the visitors' locker room. ..... So, I take a little exception to my fellow Golden Tornado who said that at least "The Rock" had history and insinuating that Milan's did not (assuming I read the post correctly ... and that is an assumption, so correct me if I am wrong) b/c both places are rich in tradition. ..... This little controvery really does nothing more than add to the interest in the game. After all, at 11 p.m. Friday, the game will be over, JCM will be on the way home and coaches of both teams will be looking to the week ahead. I just hope the fans of both sides don't go too far in their ways of expressing that interest and their emotions. .... Good luck to both teams. Should be a great game, and another one for the annals of tradition-rich Hale Stadium.

cw160,

The staff at Milan should NOT be complimented in any way, shape, or form.  Milan signed a contract for a home and home series against JCM.  In my opinion, JCM should hold Milan to the written contract.  If Milan does not want to play at "The Rock", then Milan should forfiet the game!

825309626[/snapback]

The contract wasn't for a home & home - It was for a Milan (Home) and JCM (Northside) Location. Northside no longer wanted JCM to play at their field.

VG - If given the choice of a home & home, Milan would have simply found another opponent. Milan admin. has no desire to travel to the Rothrock area. Are we supposed to be upset with our people for keeping us out of a potentially bad and unsafe area. The last time we visited for a jamboree they had a shooting as the crowd was leaving. I know that could happen anywhere but no thanks. I am sorry if you disagree with my view, but I appreciate their efforts. If we had not scheduled JCM we would have found another team to play I feel sure JCM could have also. I know you guys will be proud to get your own field. It will be a great place to visit. I don't know if we will ever be invited back though.

825303791[/snapback]

You want fun, you guys need to end up playing at Booker T. Washington, Greenhill, or Melrose in a playoff game. I just got back from the Rock...If you guys think that place is taking your life in your hands, you really need to get out a little more. Sure, it isn't a great neighborhood, but it isn't that bad.

• 2 weeks later...