Best / Nicest Stadiums

scoutteam77

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some who haven't been there want believe it but Sequatchie County does have one of the best Stadiums in the Chattanooga area as well as the state for a 2A school as well as other facilities like a very good sized field house, concession area & the largest restrooms you will find anywhere on both sides of the stadium. A great practice field behind the field house all of this with a great view of the mountains as well! thumb

Click here to see the Sequatchie County Stadium & Field house pics!

Visitor stands at Sequatchie Co.!

Edited by Sequatchie

Obion County

Has a 6000 seat stadium with home and visitor seating, restrooms, and concession stands.

Plus there is the Multi-purpose indoor arena with a regular football field width thats

40 yards in length plus extra room for a batting cage.  A two story office/weightroom/

film room/dressing room/equipment room thar's 50x150 0n each floor.  There is no high school in Tennessee with a bigger indoor turf arena. That's 150x250 with 24' ceilings.

825312854[/snapback]

There is also a pressbox on the visitors side that is as big as most home pressboxes. The field is in the best shape it has ever been. The indoor facility is better than most universities. When South Fulton gets finished, Obion County will have 3 of the best in the state with OC, SF, and UC.

I never thought I would say this...but I think Smith County now has one of the best...at least in our class. New visitors stands to seat 1000 were added last year. The field is in perfect condition after it was raised about 6'...adding a new drainage system. Congrats to Coach Maynord and his staff for their hard work.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Tom Nix Stadium.  It's CBHS' stadium.  Built in '94, i think.  Very nice.  The actual playing field is just awesome too.  Much better than MUS, MBA, or McCallie, and yes, I have played on all those fields and none are even close to CBHS' practice fields, yet alone the main stadium's field.

825313905[/snapback]

I agree..never got too play on it but it looks like a great field. Stadium and facilty are nice also.

Must be talking about McCallie, even though it is about 3 miles from the interstate. It's not too far from Brainerd. Notre Dame is about 1/2 mile from McCallie but has a TINY campus and Baylor is on the other side of town and across the river. Baylor's campus also has a college look and feel to it also.

825313104[/snapback]

Someone needs to measures ND's. If it's 33 yards wide I'd be surprised.

Most of us haven't been to all of these 'stadiums' outside of our area. Let's narrow it down to types of stadiums and go from there.

1. Pit stadiums like Lincoln Co. and Columbia.

2. Aluminum bleachers each side of field.

3. Concrete bleachers on masonry walls each side of field.

4. Covered bleachers.

5. Any others?

I like the U-shaped earth bowls like Columbia's and the concrete stadiums second. The aluminum bleachers just don't have the same feel. Tradition can make a difference though. Trousdale County has some old steel bleachers that are pretty impressive and the field is well kept.