Top Assistant Coaches in West and Middle

@38320

todd hood from montgomery central is in my mind one of tennessees best unkept secrets. moving from defense to offense and still very successful. may not have all the studs to produce, but still competing against the creekwoods, lipscombs, giles co., cheathams, sycamores, and many others. hodd will be a great head coach someday. good man with a passion for the sport and loves to see success in his athletes. Yeah, my vote is to todd hood.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of the best assistant coaches in W. TN are Swenson at Huntingdon and Blow in Camden. (I might have spelled Swenson wrong, because I have never seen his name in print.) Will Blow is an offensive genius at Camden, and both have been overlooked by several programs. Huntingdon was dumb to let Blow get away, and other schools have had their heads in the sand for not hiring Swenson, the heir apparent to Mansfield, away from Huntingdon.

I couldnt agree with you more....its amazing what a year does..now Swenson is the head coach @ hickman county and has that program turning in the right direction...we are glad to have him

todd hood from montgomery central is in my mind one of tennessees best unkept secrets. moving from defense to offense and still very successful. may not have all the studs to produce, but still competing against the creekwoods, lipscombs, giles co., cheathams, sycamores, and many others. hodd will be a great head coach someday. good man with a passion for the sport and loves to see success in his athletes. Yeah, my vote is to todd hood.

Sooooooooo is it a secret or not?

Oakland[/url'>' post='825304164' date='Aug 16 2004 - 11:56 AM']

while riverdale has had just ridiculous success, especially at the skill position, one thing you can count is that year after year their o-line will be as good as anybody, i think steve britton(o-line coach at riverdale) is just as big of a factor of riverdale's success as rankin, i am almost positive the man will get a HC job in the next few years, thought he got screwed at warren co, which if i were him, i wouldnt take it in the 1st place anyways

A few of Riverdale's coach have turned down jobs just to stay. It's a program secound to none. The kids beleave and buy into what their coached. Why leave? If your winning the only thing left to do is lose.

A few of Riverdale's coach have turned down jobs just to stay. It's a program secound to none. The kids beleave and buy into what their coached. Why leave? If your winning the only thing left to do is lose.

Assistant coaches leave to prove they can be head coaches. Some leave so their name is the one getting the credit instead of the big dawg over them. Some leave to build up struggling programs. ALL assistant coaches think they can turn around anybody thru hardwork.

I couldn"t disagree more! I am a BA graduate and we don't exactly have a great team on either side of the ball. With all that talent, we should be dominating people...we aren't. You give all that talent to Rutledge at MBA and we don't loss a game. As far as I am concerned no one on that staff should be the next coach at BA. Very dissappointing.

:lol: I know your just joking right? :thumb::lol: