Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

I was saddened even more when I heard about your situation yesterday DC. You have been an incredible friend through the years and will continue to be as far as I'm concerned.

Take it from me - and I know what I'm talking about - the folks at your former station have always made questionalbe decisions and evidently haven't learned from their mistakes. But I guess that's what gives them their originality.

I will be putting "DC16" on my scorecards this season out of respect for the 16 years you put in toward OC sports. Anytime I'm at an OC game, come by and visit with me on the air. It would be an honor.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question and I maybe wrong(for the first time :( , but is the owner of the radio station also South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>'s own board member??? If it is way to support your town, team, school, your district, way to go if not, oh well you are still an idiot!!!! B) I still stinks that the 2 schools are getting the shaft!!!!!! And yea who cares about the other schools u some needs to ask the people supporting the station what they think about this.

:D

sorry to offen anyone just mad at the whole thing

B)

Edited by FullcourtPress

This is off subject, but i just wanted to know if OC is supposed to get a new masscot anytime soon?  That's probably just an untrue rumor.

825306563[/snapback]

Crow that is something that keeps popping up ... I heard it again as late as 2 weeks ago..... And then soon after you hear that it is absolutely wrong and just a rumor...I have heard The Black Knights...and this year the uniforms are trimmed in black and the logos on the helmets are trimmed in black and the face masks are black...Of course the school colors are red white and blue......So I don't really know for sure.....

Well to get off the subject of the radio for just a minute,the Union City Daily Messeger came out with their annual football preview.Obion Central is picked to finish fourth in region 7-3A. :D I know we are a young team and we'll have some growing pains,but I think we are better than fourth.What does everybody else think?

rebfan65,

I agree and like coach bowling state he wasn't going to use our youth as an excuse. Last year at this time rebel fans were not sure about the direction of the team but it came together don't count them out i believe mike hutchens is right about the ripley game being a critical one also i thought the sports edition was as equally great as the ones in the past. thanks mike for another great edition

rebfan65,

I agree and like coach bowling state he wasn't going to use our youth as an excuse.  Last year at this time rebel fans were not sure about the direction of the team but it came together don't count them out i believe mike hutchens is right about the ripley game being a critical one also i thought the sports edition was as equally great as the ones in the past.  thanks mike for another great edition

825306949[/snapback]

Not to be blowing my brother's horn..And he would kill me if he knew I was doing this.but Kevin Weaks did a lot of work on that award winning tab before he left The Messenger....He was the one that picked the Ripley game as the important one for the season....If he didn't get any credit for his work on the tab this year then shame on Mike and The Messenger..They will miss his 17 years of experience and dedication to the area schools...Probably the ones that will not miss him will be the area hospitality rooms in the local gyms come basketball tournament time!!!! :D

Not to be blowing my brother's horn..And he would kill me if he knew I was doing this.but Kevin Weaks did a lot of work on that award winning tab before he left The Messenger....He was the one that picked the Ripley game as the important one for the season....If he didn't get any credit for his work on the tab this year then shame on Mike and The Messenger..They will miss his 17 years of experience and dedication to the area schools...Probably the ones that will not miss him will be the area hospitality rooms in the local gyms come basketball tournament time!!!! :)

825306960[/snapback]

I've missed something I guess. Where is Kevin now?

For Obion County Rebel fans who will miss live play-by-play of your team, at least three games will be carried by other stations. We will have the Westview game on WCMT 101.3 and the Gibson County & Trenton Peabody games on WTNE 97.7

The "Pre-Game Meal" debuts next Friday at 6:30 on WCMT 101.3 Martin & WTNE 97.7 Trenton

825303190[/snapback]

It's simple economics....they can't sell the ads 'cuz SF Basketball is down now that Pearson & Waycaster are gone....no wins....no trips to state....no intense rivalry between UC, OC & SF.