Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

Or you can hear Bowling's comments on the Bad Bob's Countdown to Kick Off program also starting at 6:00 Friday night on WENK am 1240.

As the fans journey to Trenton for the game, they can pick up Coach Bowling's comments on 104.9 FM as they might not be able to pick up other stations that are limited in range :angry:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reviewing my notes and saw that I've picked the Peabody game four times already. I'm trying to move around within the coverage area and hit most all the schools fairly evenly. Since I won't be picking it on air, here's the WWW version.

Peabody's offense seems to have come together the last two weeks. Even though Kent Scott was a longtime aide to Tim Haney, he has his own philosophies and tendencies and it seems the Tide have bought in after an adjustment period.

The Rebels defense must step up and play like it did against Union City or Fields & Scott will have a "Field Day". Losing QB Garrett Grady puts a lot of pressure on Freshmen Logan Parker. Running the Veer is not the ideal offense to change QB's in mid-year.

If Trenton doesn't suffer from the Homecoming Bug that's gone around then,

Vic's Pick is                  Peabody

825369854[/snapback]

Just curious about something,NWhoopaholic?Had OC have beaten Gibson Co.and Grady wouldn't have got hurt,would you've still picked Trenton over Obion Central?

Edited by rebfan65

Ah, a jab at the AM frequency. I could come back with a witty retort, but I had better rise above it all and be the better person.

AH!! All in good fun with our Radio friends across town, You guys do an excellent job and are informative as always.. Each station has a different approach to sports coverage and with that comes listeners who have opinions.. But all the folks who were talking about wanting to boycott certain stations earlier in the season have now come to realize that it's not about them :( but it's about the kids who work hard and play the games to the best of the abilities they have B)

AH!!  All in good fun with our Radio friends across town, You guys do an excellent job and are informative as always.. Each station has a different approach to sports coverage and with that comes listeners who have opinions.. But all the folks who were talking about wanting to boycott certain stations earlier in the season have now come to realize that it's not about them  :( but it's about the kids who work hard and play the games to the best of the abilities they have :(

825370915[/snapback]

B)

Just curious about something,NWhoopaholic?Had OC have beaten Gibson Co.and Grady wouldn't have got hurt,would you've still picked Trenton over Obion Central?

825370389[/snapback]

Good question Rebfan. Taking nothing away from Parker, but I think if Grady doesn't get hurt OC wins the GC game in a close one. As far as who I'd pick this week with that scenario it would be much tougher. As one poster alluded to, the Rebels need to load up the box and try to stop Peabody's power running game. Make Harper become a factor. I would've leaned toward OC if they were coming off a win & healthy.

For Robin Francis preview of this game & my observations on the rest of West Tennessee, listen to The Pre-Game Meal Friday 6:30-7:00 before the play-by-play of Obion Central-Trenton on 97.7 WTNE.

What a duo! Vicman and Robin!

825371149[/snapback]

We make a somewhat Dynamic Duo even if I do say so myself! With the help of trusted butler Cuuuuuuuude!, Police Commisioner Paul, and a cast of, well 4 or 5 maybe, we fight the crime of ignorance and being uniformed of high school sports! West Tennessee is our Gotham City.

For Obion County Rebel fans who will miss live play-by-play of your team, at least three games will be carried by other stations. We will have the Westview game on WCMT 101.3 and the Gibson County & Trenton Peabody games on WTNE 97.7

The "Pre-Game Meal" debuts next Friday at 6:30 on WCMT 101.3 Martin & WTNE 97.7 Trenton

825303190[/snapback]

did obion fans have the priviledge of listening to the second rd of the state playoffs last yr. ? from what i hear the game with those cardinals was one to remember. just wondering.