Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

All of the fine loyal listeners in our area(whether it be OC or SF supporters) just don't realize all the stuff I've taken personally as a result of this decision! :D

Like it was my fault and others have said it was VoRebs fault this was done.. In both cases, it's simply not true.. We both knew going in after we were told what was going to happen as far as it relates to the format change. I can't speak for him

but I voiced my concerns on the effects it would have and gave my opinions on the pros and cons of the situation as I'm sure he did as well.. Were mistakes made

as a result?? :o That's for each individual to make.. that's a great thing about opinions. I'm just playing the hand that has been dealt to me and in the process doing the best job possible to present a football sports show in the best professional way as I've done in my previous 12 years or so in this business B)

Now granted in those previous 12 years I was performing play by play duties and this was different from that, still I gave it the ole college try thumb Some have said try damage control and smooth over the situation and I'm in the process of doing what I can on a limited basis because everyone must realize this is not about what is happening short term, one must look at the long term effects it could

have on the entire scope of things. For those who feel betrayed because the kids aren't getting FULL COVERAGE they think they deserve, I see where you're coming from. But what we must keep in mind is the future and the young hard working kids that are coming up..

In conclusion let's hope for the best as OC & SF try to pick up region road wins this week.. B)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not something that you find with your garden variety broadcast.  The FM signal you speak of happened because of the generosity of a local wireless dealer.  To make a long story short...it's fairly expensive.

825377576[/snapback]

Thanks....As always with anything to do with Union City...Top notch :D ...Just wish others would do it...But,I guess others don't have Robin Woods(I guess that's who you are talking about?)

All of the fine loyal listeners in our area(whether it be OC or SF supporters) just don't realize all the stuff I've taken personally as a result of this decision!  :o

Like it was my fault and others have said it was VoRebs fault this was done.. In both cases, it's simply not true.. We both knew going in after we were told what was going to happen as far as it relates to the format change. I can't speak for him

but I voiced my concerns on the effects it would have and gave my opinions on the pros and cons of the situation as I'm sure he did as well.. Were mistakes made

as a result??  :D  That's for each individual to make.. that's a great thing about opinions. I'm just playing the hand that has been dealt to me and in the process doing the best job possible to present a football sports show in the best professional way as I've done in my previous 12 years or so in this business  B)

Now granted in those previous 12 years I was performing play by play duties and this was different from that, still I gave it the ole college try thumb  Some have said try damage control and smooth over the situation and I'm in the process of doing what I can on a limited basis because everyone must realize this is not about what is happening short term, one must look at the long term effects it could

have on the entire scope of things.  For those who feel betrayed because the kids aren't getting FULL COVERAGE they think they deserve, I see where you're coming from. But what we must keep in mind is the future and the young hard working kids that are coming up..

In conclusion let's hope for the best as OC & SF try to pick up region road wins this week.. B)

825377744[/snapback]

redbird...That's just it, people are thinking of the young hard working kids coming up, and those here now, who are not getting the coverage that the hard working young kids before them got. You and I both know, sometimes things change for a reason, but this changed for what seems to be no reason. It seems that this was almost done on a "whim" by the station. And you and I also both know that to the people that this REALLY effects, this is much more important than that. I would like to thank sherlock for his kind words of me on here. You know you talk about damage control, it could all be fixed, if you and I were both back doing what we should be, but we both know that is not likely to happen. I know you liked doing play-by-play, and you know that was a big part of my life, and while both of us will be fine, the players, the kids at the two schools continue to have less than what they should have. Yes I know there are updates on, but to alot of people that is just not enough, and it never will be. I still maintain the kids, and all those who have been loyal listeners over the years deserve more.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redbird...That's just it, people are thinking of the young hard working kids coming up, and those here now, who are not getting the coverage that the hard working young kids before them got. You and I both know, sometimes things change for a reason, but this changed for what seems to be no reason. It seems that this was almost done on a "whim" by the station. And you and I also both know that to the people that this REALLY effects, this is much more important than that. I would like to thank sherlock for his kind words of me on here. You know you talk about damage control, it could all be fixed, if you and I were both back doing what we should be, but we both know that is not likely to happen. I know you liked doing play-by-play, and you know that was a big part of my life, and while both of us will be fine, the players, the kids at the two schools continue to have less than what they should have. Yes I know there are updates on, but to alot of people that is just not enough, and it never will be. I still maintain the kids, and all those who have been loyal listeners over the years deserve more.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting analysis B)

Quality is in the mind of the beholder.

825380631[/snapback]

sportsradio....You would know about quality, you do a QUALITY PLAY-BY-PLAY broadcast every week. Oh...enjoyed your broadcast of the OC/Trenton game. Thanks for the coverage. From across the field you may not have been able to see all the headsets, but they were there, and 97.7 was tuned in. thumb

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

Quality is in the mind of the beholder.

825380631[/snapback]

sportsradio...You would know about quality....you do a QUALITY PLAY-BY-PLAY broadcast every week. Oh and thanks for the coverage lastr week, OC/Trenton. I don't know if you could see all the headsets on our side, but they were there, and they were tuned into 97.7. thumb

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey SportsRadioTN dude, are you covering the Obion Co./Dyer Co. game this week? :D  What about the playoffs? B)

825380990[/snapback]

Now let's don't be facetious. I know you're feeling frisky because the Cardinals won and all.

For all three important Region 7AA games Friday night tune in to 93.7, 97.7, & 101.3 at 7:00 right after "The Pre-Game Meal" beginning at 6:30.

Edited by NWhoopaholic