KOC JAMBOREE

msgov

Helton as an experienced coach and professional educator needs to have enough class to ignore parents and or fans that may have some remarks that are inapropriate. So was the parent wrong in yelling at Helton? Yes. The parent embarrassed himself and his child. Was Helton wrong in the way he responded? Yes. Helton has an obligation to set a good example for his team. I sure hope his players don't resond in the same way if somebody starts running their mouth on the field.

Huber did not shop his kid around. Got fed up with the situation and left.

TSSAA doesn't care to enforce any rules about zones or recruiting. Central knows that as well as anyone.

Is Baron Huber good enough to play D I football? Ask Alabama. At this point according to D I coaches he is the best player in Knoxville, Because he has an offer on the table.

Week 10 will sure be interesting. And I bet Mr. Huber will be in the stands.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helton as an experienced coach and professional educator needs to have enough class to ignore parents and or fans that may have some remarks that are inapropriate.  So was the parent wrong in yelling at Helton? Yes.  The parent embarrassed himself and his child.  Was Helton wrong in the way he responded?  Yes.  Helton has an obligation to set a good example for his team.  I sure hope his players don't resond in the same way if somebody starts running their mouth on the field.

Huber did not shop his kid around.  Got fed up with the situation and left.

TSSAA doesn't care to enforce any rules about zones or recruiting.  Central knows that as well as anyone. 

Is Baron Huber good enough to play D I football? Ask Alabama.  At this point according to D I coaches he is the best player in Knoxville, Because he has an offer on the table.

Week 10 will sure be interesting.  And I bet Mr. Huber will be in the stands.

825304109[/snapback]

So were you there? Did you witness this altercation? Do you know what Helton said or did? Or you just reading what people are putting on here and going from there? I think Helton handle this situation in the best way he could. If Huber pops called him a name he shouldn't have then Helton had the right to respond back to him. With that saying, being a coach or whatever you're not going to sit there and let people call you names. I think everyone on this site will stand up for theirself if they feel they are being called out of their content.

I didn't see what happen but I've heard from a reliable source and in my opinion, Helton did what was right for his team and community. Like you said, the Powell/Central game will be bit heated now.

bigcatt--I have known Kevin Huber for many years. Our kids have played on many of the same teams together. We have coached together. We have talked often. This situation is sad and upsetting for me.

Two things jump out about your remarks. Yes, he did shop Baron around. They talked to Maryville and they talked with Jeff Co before his junior year. They also looked at Maryville after Baron's junior year. There are also strong family ties to Powell.

As far as being fedup with the "situation", Mr Huber was the situation. He was regularly in the coaches offices discussing "issues", complaining about what kid was playing where, etc. He wanted Baron at linebacker and either fullback or tightend on offense. He wanted him in a position to shine. The Central coaches all felt he was better suited for other positions in their scheme. I am not running down Baron. I think he is D1 material. I hope he does well at Bama, but college coaches won't put up with parent meddling. It is one thing to be involved in your kids' lives, it is another thing to be intrusive and overly involved.

But you are right about what you said, nobody comes out of this looking good.

What is also sad is that that game week 10 is the CSS game. I wonder how much hype the media will do over these issues. It will probably be a important game for both teams regarding playoff seedings. I can see this game being UGLY. I hope we have some experienced officials that know the situation and are strong enough to handle it. If the coaches, players, parents and fans don't show some restraint and smarts, again, nobody will come out of this looking good.

Yes I was and did hear much of what was said. I am by no means defending Mr. Huber. What I am saying is that as a Professional educator/coach you need to set a good example for your students/ players. Yelling back and challengeing is never a good example.

Medman: I was not aware that Baron checked with Jeff. Co. and Maryville prior to his Jr. Year. If this is so I stand corrected. But their was a situation at Central that the Hubers were not happy about anf that is why they left. I do believe he got a raw deal at fullback though. Linbacker may be more of a question because Central has the best 3 in E. Tn.

ive read all the discussion on this incident and agree this shouldnt have happened !

the place for such a discussion is behind closed doors!

i will say tho....i find it odd that no one from central will deny that they recruit the area better than anyone!

msgov.............as a powell fan......altho i do not represent the whole community

i think youll find alot of good natured football loving fans!

we travel well and we support our team no matter what type of year we are having!

im sure you have some folks at wb that you wouldnt want outsiders to judge you by!

Yes I was and did hear much of what was said.  I am by no means defending Mr. Huber.  What I am saying is that as a Professional educator/coach you need to set a good example for your students/ players. Yelling back and challengeing is never a good example.

Medman: I was not aware that Baron checked with Jeff. Co. and Maryville prior to his Jr. Year. If this is so I stand corrected.  But their was a situation at Central that the Hubers were not happy about anf that is why they left.  I do believe he got a raw deal at fullback though.  Linbacker may be more of a question because Central has the best 3 in E. Tn.

825304253[/snapback]

hate to hijack the thread, but tyrone cobb and anthony mcallister and many more would have something to say about your linebacker comment.

Hiwasseevol,

Does that dad own a big furniture store that sits on I-40/75 in West Knoxville?

His son might not have played for the Crimson Tide, but I bet they had new furniture in the office's in Tuscaloosa!!!

825304668[/snapback]

msgov,

Yes, you win the prize! The rumor mill had the gift valued at $50,000 worth of new furniture for the Tide's offices. I wonder why Montgomery, AL attorney Tommy Gallion didn't look into that? :D