Opinions on Alcoa

TnVols23

And you don't think that Alcoa players read all the things being said about them not having a chance against Maryville, and that they'll probably lose to WB?

First of all I don't hero Worship anything. Second of all, being on of Rae's best friends, I know what I am talking about, and I know the difference from an offer and an invite. Rae has recieved offers. Not full Scholarships yet, but they are none the less scholarship offers. Thanks for your input though  thumb

825307419[/snapback]

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers son. Of course I did not realize you are "on" of Rae's best friends. What other kind of offer is there other than a full ride? Free parking? Half price meals? A DI player good enough to get anything before his sophomore season starts is definitely going to get a full ride. Schools send mailers out all the time. My guess is he has likely gotten no offers or invites either one at this point. He is no doubt a good player. But to be getting any type of offers from someone like UCLA before his sophmore season starts he simply is not that good yet. And I have seen non Maryville people saying Alcoa would lose to this team or that but no Maryville people talking about tearing down goal posts. According to you your entire front 4 is one big group of DI prospects, Duck is unstoppable, etc etc. That is where I got the hero worship. Just seems to me you are putting an awful lot on a couple of scrimmages and a quarter of the jamboree. We all know what happened in the last game that counted that you guys played. Tonight will be no test either. SD was 0-10 last year. Next week the fun starts. Live the dream while you still can.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boi, there are no "partial offers" for football. You either have an scholarship offer or you don't.

He can't officially be offered until after his junior year is over. However, teams can say "we will have a scholarship waiting for you in 3 years" or something to that effect. Wake Forest "offered" Chris Leak as an 8th grader. Florida State told Fred Rouse after his freshman year that a scholarship would be waiting for him when he graduated. Teams were offering John Crompton after his soph year, verbally. It's not official until after your junior year is complete, however.

From what I've heard, UT is going to pursue Sykes very hard, as well as John Bruhin from Powell.

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers son. Of course I did not realize you are "on" of Rae's best friends. What other kind of offer is there other than a full ride? Free parking? Half price meals? A DI player good enough to get anything before his sophomore season starts is definitely going to get a full ride. Schools send mailers out all the time. My guess is he has likely gotten no offers or invites either one at this point. He is no doubt a good player. But to be getting any type of offers from someone like UCLA before his sophmore season starts he simply is not that good yet. And I have seen non Maryville people saying Alcoa would lose to this team or that but no Maryville people talking about tearing down goal posts. According to you your entire front 4 is one big group of DI prospects, Duck is unstoppable, etc etc. That is where I got the hero worship. Just seems to me you are putting an awful lot on a couple of scrimmages and a quarter of the jamboree. We all know what happened in the last game that counted that you guys played. Tonight will be no test either. SD was 0-10 last year. Next week the fun starts. Live the dream while you still can.

825307443[/snapback]

Have you ever heard of a partial scholarship? Whoops, guess not, but that is what he has been offered. Again, you don't know what you are talking about. When you get some first hand knowledge that is better than mine, you let me know. As for David Lipscomb.... I believe they were all seniors and we were sophmores. And, weren't we playing at the same time as ya'll last year? Didn't you get beat the same night we did? Ya, thats what I thought.

As for the Duck nickname, it is a long story, and is probably not suitable for coacht.

Are we nothing but kids? Does that make us stupid? I guarantee you people in school are smarter than most of adults because we have to know so much more than adults need to know. Also, we know just as much, or more about football than a lot of people on here. Granted there are people, like my buddy AHSports10 that just talk trash, but people like me and Tom, have sensible things to say. I don't appreciate you making a jugement about us just because we are "young" Be ready for Aug. 27

First, I don't think most Kids are stupid, but if you think you’re going to destroy Maryville's goal posts, in view of us "Stupid adults" who know less than you do in school, and then you better stay in school and think again.

Secondly, if you do beat Maryville on their home turf, something that Alcoa has only been able to do once the past 12 years, then you can enjoy the win. But you'll not tear down any goal posts in the light.

I know most kids on here don't play football and do not represent the views of my friends in Alcoa. But have fun pretending your a player.

May the best team of the night win and good luck with SD.

Buddy...

First of all you need to learn to take a joke. How many goal posts have you actually seen torn down in high school? Secondly, I did play football, and was going to keep playing, until they found out I have a tumor on my spine. So if you want me to keep pretending, I will do just that, but if you want, you can keep running your mouth. I never said adults were stupid, I just think it is wrong that they look down on 'kids'.

Have you ever heard of a partial scholarship? Whoops, guess not, but that is what he has been offered. Again, you don't know what you are talking about. When you get some first hand knowledge that is better than mine, you let me know. As for David Lipscomb.... I believe they were all seniors and we were sophmores. And, weren't we playing at the same time as ya'll last year? Didn't you get beat the same night we did? Ya, thats what I thought.

As for the Duck nickname, it is a long story, and is probably not suitable for coacht.

825307663[/snapback]

You are a good fan. Alcoa needs more like you. I don't keep up with anyone enough to get any better knowledge than you. Yeah we got beat that night also. The score was a tad closer and we didn't make any excuses. That is about the only difference. I appreciate you guys obsession with Maryville. We enjoy that. We get the same thing from Central and all the other big teams we play. I honestly think your best chance of beating us will be next year when we are replacing our entire offensive line. Only a week to wait! Bring plenty of water. It will be hot and them boys going both ways will need it by halftime. I think a good sports commentator would say "Maryville is in your head". Of course like you said I don't know what I am talking about.

Edited by mhs