Hazing

FBEmeritus

I think this is my first footbal post. I don't really follow high school football. I do watch alot of basketball and volleyball games all across the state, and have been to Kingston on several occassions the last few years, especially when they had such a good basketball team. I know nothing about the wiffle bat incident, but I do know that the basketball games I attended were the worst supervised games I've seen in 10 years. The student section was abusive and violent. They were there just to cause trouble. In one game last year a mob of Kingston students attacked a small group of visiting fans in the parking lot.

I say this because of the pattern of conduct that this school allows. Do you expect anything else.

Also, is Vic King the same coach that had problems in Campbell County.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, just as much as any other fan, want the hazing to stop, but the truth is it won't. These are immature high school kids who don't think there's any wrong in what thery're doing. There's probably people like this in about every high school, but the wrong doings just go about unnoticed or unknown. Anyone who does get caught hazing should face criminal charges of some sort, it's abuse. Missing a few games in a football season isn't good enough.

I'll stick with my analogy between SOME forms of hazing and rape.

1. The victim is having something done against their will.

2. Peer pressure or physical restraint. It makes no difference how they ALLOW themselves to be abused.

3. It's all ok because they didn't say no.

4. Age has no bearing on the matter.

5. It is about POWER!

I'll also repeat....UNBELIEVEABLE!! It's no wonder that hazing is a problem nationwide. One only has to look into the bleachers.

Kingston is just a place I pass by on my way to Vol games. They aren't a rival to any school I've supported. I have no reason to care what happens there one way or the other. My posts and many others in this thread would apply no matter which school was involved. Hazing (by the definition given earlier in the post) is wrong, plain and simple. Stopping hazing starts at the top. The school board issues a directive that is passed down to all coaches and in turn every player. You know the consequences of your actions and you live with them, including criminal charges or civil suits. I would think TSSAA could and should become involved in any hazing case and meter out punishment as they see fit.