Hazing

FBEmeritus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

123kid - Yes there is a difference. Hazing is abuse. Initation is carrying the water, cleaning the fieldhouse, Carrying blocking dummies to and from the field. Now do you understand.

KTownJackets - If you was there as you say then you are just as guilty and just as liable in the eyes of the law by not stopping a crime. You are just wanting to turn this into something else and not what it really is a shameful act that 2 men FAILED to do what was right! What I said is facts no matter how you try to deflect and degrade.

The guys on the football team who participated in the hazing are obviously going to get away with this and the sad thing is that Kingston's future is what is going to be hurt from this. I have heard of one of the freshman already transfering out of kingston probably to be followed by more. Whatever excitement about playing for Kingston is gone now and I look for numbers on the football team to drop in the future. All this does is hurt the school's rep, team's rep, and the future of that football team.

Yes the one who is fileing the lawsuit is the kid that moved to lenoir city (I think). This is the same kid that went to the hospital and came back with a big OK. This is the same kid who wants to stay and wishes this would all pass on. This is the same mentality for all of the freshmen football players here. But the parents want to rais holy heck, but I dont blame them what I do blame them for is dragging this out even when their kid wants to to be over.

I watched as Jimmy was crying as he said goodbye to his football friends, and coaches. He went and turned in his gear and left sobbing. Now does that sound like justice? I think not.

Yes the one who is fileing the lawsuit is the kid that moved to lenoir city (I think). This is the same kid that went to the hospital and came back with a big OK. This is the same kid who wants to stay and wishes this would all pass on. This is the same mentality for all of the freshmen football players here. But the parents want to rais holy heck, but I dont blame them what I do blame them for is dragging this out even when their kid wants to to be over.

I watched as Jimmy was crying as he said goodbye to his football friends, and coaches. He went and turned in his gear and left sobbing. Now does that sound like justice? I think not.

825310120[/snapback]

Quit trying to blame someone else. Thats what is wrong in this whole ordeal.

I urge everyone to read all of ktownjackets posts and ask yourself one question....what planet is this looney from? Its the freshmens fault, its the medias fault, its the parents of the freshmen fault, etc etc.. Hey, try this one on for size, maybe its your fault, your kids fault, the coaches fault, and the principals fault. Not a one of those kids asked to be hazed! NOT ONE! And even if no one was hurt, does that make it ok? You are so quick to point out that the kid got a clean bill of health from the doctor. So does that make hazing ok! If your kid was arrested for drunk driving would you tell the police that since there wasnt an accident or that they didnt kill anyone that they should turn them lose with no penalty? Not even a ticket? If someone tried to kill your pet and didnt succeed would you say no harm no foul? I am amazed at the attitude here! What will it take before someone in kingston puts an end to this? a serious injury? a death? How far is too far? If my kid went to school with bumps, bruises, whelts all over his body, the teachers would suspect that he was being abused! If he comes home from school like that, shouldnt i assume that he has been abused? Also, there was a kid that was kicked out of school last year in tennessee for having a 8 inch wooden souveneir bat in his car.....it was called a weapon by the school! The kid was a ball player. In the his trunk was an aluminum bat. It wasnt considered a weapon because it was a piece of sports equipment! But that "deadly wooden bat" got him suspended for the rest of the year. If an 8 inch wooden bat is a weapon and violates the rule, what does a plastic bat loaded with sand constitute? Must have been a piece of sports equipment that the football players used in training! To anyone but a COMPLETELY biased jacketfan this has been botched, covered up and fouled up by the principal and coach from the start. What are the odds that if the perpetrators had not been atheletes that the punishment would have been more severe?

Lets get these facts straight.

1. Some sort of hazing occurs at every school.

2. These freshman weren't made to have this done to them. Yes they probably would have been ridiculed or made fun of.

3. No, the freshman that went to the hospital, didn't have anything wrong with him.

4. Yes, one of the fathers whom son was hazed was sitting by watching.

5. Yes, the bat had sand in it. Not full, as previously reported.

6. Yes, the freshman had countless opportunities to say "NO". Remember the phrase that we parents tell our kids when they are faced with a difficult decision in their young adult lives- "JUST SAY NO".

7. Yes, some of these parents have overreacted.

8. No, they can not be charged with assault when they willingly accepted to be hazed.

9. Yes, the freshman that went to the hospital, is now at another school.

10. Yes, the principal and coaches handled it differently than I would have.

Now, if those of you that have no direct connection with this incident want to give your opinion, that's fine. But, don't get on here and try to act like you know what happened and that because these kids were "filled with fear and intimidation" they had to have this done to them. What are we telling our kids when we say it's not your fault, you didn't have a choice? They did have a choice. NOBODY twisted their arms or held them down. The kids that are being "persecuted" by everyone have accepted responsibility. Make these kids accept some responsiblity that didn't say "NO".

Guest region4fan

You are quick to tell us that we don't know what went on at your school.......then turn around and make a general statement about all schools .Quit trying to tell me what goes on in mine without backing it up or even knowing what mine is.